The Final Nail in the Coffin of your JW Career

by jookbeard 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I know there has been countless threads on this, some say the paedophile scandal, others say the blood ban, some say the conduct of their elders, others say the petty rules etc. But there is usually one thing that seals every one's fate, tips you over the edge,finishes you off.I was fading, very closely to full inactivity, off the book study list, and very sporadic meeting attendance, which took me to the very last time I set foot in my Kingdumb Hall, this is what happened;

It was the memorial of 1994, I hadn't set foot in the place for months, but thought a show at the memorial would keep the wife happy and the elders at bay for a bit longer, I drove to the hall being careful not to get there too early(the wife was already there and had saved me a seat) I walked up to my seat about mid way in the hall so a lot could see me, It was packed probably about 200 there, as I sat down ( about 3/4 mins to go) a sister in front of me turned around and said"we haven't seen you in a long time!" to which I replied " that's because I haven't been here" a deafly silence came and it was as if the whole hall heard, I walked out half way through for a toilet break , my fate sealed. Bearing in mind the insensitive comment from the stupid sister, was from a person whose house was like a trash dump, who hoarded trash and crap for years , and myself and another brother was assigned by the elders a couple of years before to give her place a thorough clean down, imagine if I had responded to her greeting with the words" is your house still like a shit hole?"

That was my end of my JW life !

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

ah well there are always those that think they are encouraging you by smiling sweetly and twisting the knife. - I remeber one assembly this couple came up to us and said ohh its soooo great to see you.. and we were thinking why? and then it turned out they thought we had stopped attending, when we had simply moved elsewhere. how condescending.

i think its the guilt they make you feel though so that everyone who says they miss you you think they have a hidden agenda, and Im sure they all dont. mind you the ones that dont usually dont make comments to you, its the over righteous ones that do.

i remember being late and having comments saying it was pointless you had even turned up. its all fake euphoric bullshit.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    ...as I sat down ( about 3/4 mins to go) a sister in front of me turned around and said"we haven't seen you in a long time!" to which I replied " that's because I haven't been here"...

I love it!

• lancelink
    lancelink

my Mother died while I was considering leaving, and after 30 years of being in the same hall (attended all meetings, did the normal jw things)

only FIVE people sent a card or even took the time to acknowlege that she had died. yes, she was a witness longer then me.

30 years of revolving my life around a religion, all the so-called friends I thought I had, and only 5 made the effort to send a card.

Boy did I get upset, what a loving bunch of so-called "christians" they are.

I wrote my da letter one month afterwards and just walked away.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    as I sat down ( about 3/4 mins to go) a sister in front of me turned around and said"we haven't seen you in a long time!" to which I replied " that's because I haven't been here"

ROFL 9I had an identical exchange with someone at the hall this morning after a hiatus of a few weeks. Makes me feel like never setting foot in the place again.

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

obviously you werent in the family that everyone sucks up to.

• blondie
    blondie

In our case it was the last final lie by an elder, a big, provable lie that saved his ass. Then he told us that is what all elders do, lie, even from the platform. We couldn't be part of those lies any longer.

I do love it when they say they miss you but haven't called you or sent a card or even dropped by for 9 years. It's like someone saying they love God and haven't prayed to him for years.

• KidKool
    KidKool

Before this generation passes away...

Well, you know the rest.

Don't drink the KoolAid.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

A feeling of betrayal. I put a lot of trust in a person, and when he screwed up, I don't forgive.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

There is an over-righteous annoying woman who tried to embarrass me with loud exclamations but I think somebody spoke to her about doing this. They don't realize it but behavior like this keeps faders away. As far as what was the final nail I would have to say that what I learned on the internet and sites like this did it for me. Before that I would have to say that the 1995 generation bombshell teaching was the beginning of the end. Now the charade is over thankfully.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit