How Many Here Actually "Studied" The Publications?

by minimus 44 Replies latest jw friends

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

the problem is that they are so dumbed-down it precludes any "studying" of such material.

• minimus
    minimus

Old Goat, I don't know who you are but I'm glad you are here! I like your style!

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I studied all the time! at one point though it seemed the more I studied the more questions i had and the less answers i recieved... this led me to stop the constant research until i was ready to leave...

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Once I realized that it was all either repetitive or made no sense (that is, had no application to me), I stopped really studying anything. It makes no sense to study what stupid "difference" between 18 "classes" or "deals" that all are supposed to affect everyone--but Jehovah has welched on every single one of. It also makes no sense to study "No fornication" for the 800 billionth time.

• nearlyfree
    nearlyfree

no.... but I had to look like I did so I used to do the watchtower by reading the question first and then skimming the paragraph for the answer. Could do a study article in about 10 minutes. Same for the bookstudy as well!! Its was always the same boring crap. Sometimes i didnt even bother doing that and used to underline a few lines in each paragraph - usually the middle - as thats where most of the answers were most of the time.

nf.

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

I only pre-studied when my parents made me. Other than that, never opened a publication on my own accord.

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

I read all the magazines, all the articles, often also old volumes (has a good memory, so I easily so contradictions at times when doing this).

Read all the new publications with a week after publication. Loved the yearbook... (and still reads it, even seven years after exiting)...

Did underlining and looking up bible passages. Loved reading Insight on the Scriptures and the Proclaimers book. Also liked the "Search" book..

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

I read almost everything. I was a regular pio, so I read it and commented at least 3 times every meeting. Although, I have NEVER read a yearbook!! I always thought it was a waste!!

;-)

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I studied whatever it was we were studying for the Watchtower, bookstudy, would even do the preparation for the talks, kingdom ministry - you name it. Also did personal study.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

boring

If I could, I would steal a WT/study book for ten minutes and quickly go through each page underlining aproximately the same areas in each paragraph as my father had.

I couldn't always get what I needed so I got good at scanning for patterns that looked suitable for underlining.

For a while there were only us three to answer up for the WT & Book studies. I can't tell you what I did then because I have been so successful at blanking it out that I have no memories of that at all. I can't even remember what I did after we had recruited some victims. My only memories are prompted by photos of us having our meetings under the trees. I have no problems remembering what I used to get up to with my mates and can even find my way around the same coral reefs 40 years later.

Cheers

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit