Need help disproving 607BCE

by 2pink 160 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

"scholar's" only argument is that if you add 70 to the start year you get 607...

It's been shown again and again and again that the 70 years didn't apply to the israelites, had nothing to do with them and very very simple math will show that he's wrong about 607. The society is going to drop 1914 and 607 before scholar does.

However, all you really have to do is add up the kings or look at the MOUNTAINS of evidence to see that the 607 date is full of crap.

Oh and the other one is to look at old literature and see what they predicted would happen. They NEVER said anything about WW1 they made a bunch of nonsense predictions about the end of the world. They went back years later and said "see see we predicted that."

All lies!

• 2pink
    2pink

thanks for all the replies.

i looked into the 607 thing months ago and found it was quite easy to disprove as i checked multiple sources. however, like i said about my friend, she is still hesitant about reading anything not from the WT (i think most of us can relate to that stage?), so i didn't want to overwhelm her with too much "secular" reading. i just wanted to give her a little something to think about. baby steps, right?

thanks again for the links and replies!

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

SCHOLAR, talk about nonsense, you are full of it. You and the rest of that organization that run that business. I already knew you did not believe what the Bible said and I was only giving this info. for those who are sincere. You are about as low as can be. you love lies and like to carry on a lie, just like Rev.22:15 says. the only truth the organization ever printed was "RELIGION IS A SNARE AND A TRAP!"

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

mrk32208, and of course the 70 yrs that scholar adds are added to 537BCE, date highly unlikely date...but also a wrong date. The 70 years ended upon Babylon's fall- NOT Israel's return.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Mentally lazy people may say, "The dropping of 1914 CE is merely a product of your fanciful imagination, the date marks an event grounded in Scripture revolving around the reality of God's Kingdom." However, those who make a studious examination, find statements such as these:

*** rs p. 97 par. 2 Dates *** Before the last members of the generation that was alive in 1914 will have passed off the scene, all the things foretold will occur, including the “great tribulation” in which the present wicked world will end.

The "Conscious Class of Watchtower Examiners" have lived to see, not the end of the "present wicked world" and the establishment of God's Kingdom on a paradise earth, rather, they have seen Watchtower Corporation drop "the generation of 1914" in a single Watchtower paragraph surrounded by worthless explanations and quotes that have already been discarded by now. Decades of prophecies and preaching and promising flushed down the "crapper of JW failed prophecies" in these few words:

*** w95 11/1 p. 17 par. 6 A Time to Keep Awake *** Eager to see the end of this evil system, Jehovah’s people have at times speculated about the time when the “great tribulation” would break out, even tying this to calculations of what is the lifetime of a generation since 1914. However, we “bring a heart of wisdom in,” not by speculating about how many years or days make up a generation, but by thinking about how we “count our days” in bringing joyful praise to Jehovah. (Psalm 90:12) Rather than provide a rule for measuring time, the term “generation” as used by Jesus refers principally to contemporary people of a certain historical period, with their identifying characteristics.

Did you hear it? Yes, those with discerning ears are able to hear the sound of Watchtower Writing Department dumping another "false prophet turd", wiping themselves, and flushing. All the while, they shift the blame for the terrible smell in the Watchtower bathroom. "Jehovah’s people have at times speculated..." really ought to be "leadership of Watchtower Corporation used all the weight of their authority to prophecy the falsehood..."

Can't you just read it now?

Eager to see the end of this evil system, some self-serving "JW scholars" have at times run ahead of the organization, speculating about the significance of the year 1914, even tying this to calculations for Christ's Second Coming, "the Last Days", and the time when the “great tribulation” would break out. However, we “bring a heart of wisdom in,” not by speculating or debating the meaning surrounding some pagan dream of a Babylonian king who died thousands of years ago and the mathematical gymnastics needed to reach some year with invisible significance. Rather, right hearted individuals will obediently read only current issues of Watchtower magazine, thinking about how we “count our days” in bringing joyful praise to Watchtower's "Faithful Slave" class and its Governing Body. (Psalm 90:12; Jaracz 1:1-18) True Christians are happified to see all false prophets silenced in their false prophecies as they await their final destruction forever. Joyfully, Jehovah's servants in these "threshold days" eagerly await the start of the "Last Days" in 2033 and the "Great Tribulation" in 2057!

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Just like so much of the WT dogma changes and "gets brighter", like the blood issue from an outright ban to the current doctrine of "blood components", one can see the whole 1914 get less and less prioritized, especially after 2014.

Billy is quite correct in what we can expect to come from the GB.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but there is no evidence either biblical or secular that has disproved the validity of 607 BCE. I have been studying this subject for nearly forty years and have read all published attempts to dissprove 607 BCE only to find that on a critical analysis none of these attempts have succeeded. The most recent attempt has been by Carl Jonsson who has acquired a reputation of being a competent chronologist has claimed in his most recent work that there are at least seventeen lines of evidence that disprove 607 BCE. However, competent biblical scholars have shown that such a claim is fanciful and is not supported by either the biblical or secular evidence.

This does not mean that 607 BCE or any other date is not capable of being falsified but at this point in time there is simply no evidence that disproves the validity of 607 BCE for the Fall of Jerusalem. scholar JW

By "competent biblical scholars" you really mean indoctrinated head in the sand nutjobs like yourself?!

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

AnnOmaly, that is a wonderful thread you did on the KISS method.

N-no-no-no! Alas, I can't take credit for that. It's Alleymom's.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

oops sorry AnnOmaly. My bad. LOL

MissingLink, what about all those celebrated WT scholars that Neil speaks of? Does't the claim of these Russelites and pyramidologists with no other credentials count for something?

• scholar
    scholar

isaacaustin

Post 4224

It all boils down to Methodology.

scholar JW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit