European Court: No Crucifixes in Italian Schools

by behemot 33 Replies latest jw friends

• ninja
    ninja

wow...just as I write....LWT posts this

Judge Rules Activist's Beliefs on Climate Change Akin to Religion

Tim Nicholson entitled to protection for his beliefs, and his claim over dismissal will now be heard by a tribunal

In a significant decision today , a judge found Nicholson's views on the environment were so deeply held that they were entitled to the same protection as religious convictions, and ruled that an employment tribunal should hear his claim that he was sacked because of his beliefs.
    The judgment could open the door for people to take their employers to tribunals over their stance on a range of issues, from animal rights to feminism.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2009/nov/03/tim-nicholson-climate-change-belief

aah....it's great being a conspiracy theorist

• ninja
    ninja

they are following a plan......a long time in the making

• ninja
    ninja

and it doesn't matter if we believe it or not......the movers and shakers do

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Yeah ninja thats what it is, and it's all being pushed by santa claus and the easter bunny. Anyone who says "stop shitting in the well it's bad for you." Has a hidden agenda to worship the mother goddess and kill baby jesus...

• Caedes
    Caedes
    If it is just two bits of wood then removing it shouldn't be a problem "" Works both ways my friend!!!

Err, That was my point in shooting your phrase back at you?! Glad to see you might have finally picked up the glaringly obvious!

This is not a case of a minority enforcing their opinions on the majority, it is a case of a majority no longer being entitled to force their views on a minority in an secular school where attendance is compulsory. If they were being forced to replace the cross with a star or a pentagram then you might have a point but that isn't the case here.

Still, I noticed you still haven't answered the questions I put to you, Scotsman.

I would agree that a display of all religious symbols might be appropriate in a Comparative Religions class.

• ninja
    ninja

it would be good if they only SAID "stop shitting in the well"....but ...unfortunately they don't leave it at that........

and yet environmentalist shit is being pushed right in there in it's place.....

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

How is preventing someone from displaying a cross in a public school (most pupils will be christian) neutral?

Any Italian remains free to wear whatever he wants, the crucifixes are only removed from the classrooms' walls.

• JWoods
    JWoods

Interesting that on the same day we have one thread with a court proclaiming that "environmentalism" could be viewed as a religion, and at the same time we have this.

Perhaps some activist that does not believe in Global Warming could start their own 8-year fight to prohibit the teaching of GW ideas in the classroom?

Some of this is just plain getting silly.

• rebel8
  • deep-blue-sea
    deep-blue-sea

I personally don't mind if cross will be left or not in the italian schools.....but why people would like to start a conflict?

If the court states that the cross could be offensive to non christians because it is s symbol of christanity,(though the christians are at home there), we have to start to prohibit (forbide) the tchador and the islamic veil in the schools since it is a symbol of islamism ...this is par condicio = parity of treatment!

and here...the conflict starts....

Claudia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit