European Court: No Crucifixes in Italian Schools

by behemot 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

> I cannot understand what her problem is that it deserved an "8 year" legal battle! Apparently the court said that the cross could be offensive to non christians and atheists. Next christmas trees will be illegal!

1. Eight years is worth the trouble to ensure the authorities are not imposing their religion onto you. Why not drop by Iran and see how much they try to force Islam onto you while you're attending their schools.

2. A Christmas Tree is only illegal if the authorities try to force you to purchase one and set it up on display. I wonder if you would complain if a school in a Jewish area tried to force you to purchase and display a Channukiah.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

> I personally don't mind if cross will be left or not in the italian schools.....but why people would like to start a conflict?

I wonder this too... why would the authorities try to start a conflict by forcing people to be subjected to a religion they do not adhere to?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

If the Italian state is secular, and the schools are public, it would not seem appropriate to do this.

• ninja
    ninja

I agree......I will not be putting my trash out for recycling.......I don't believe in their religion ......so hope they don't mind and try starting any conflict with me...it's good to be able to express our own beliefs eh?.......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit