To the "Believers" - A Sincere Question...

by AGuest 55 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

Aguest, I am confused as to the point you are making? Putting faith in the written word is what people do. If you spoke words to me and I agreed and put faith in what you told me it was from what I heard. It is all about communication. Words are either written, spoken, or even give through sign language. You can communicate through bodily gestures as well. Point of the matter is that all things have to be communicated therefore the written words in tablet form if you may were given to us by GOD.

You write in a peculiar fashion as if though you feel you are inspired in one way or another. What is your whole point of understanding, and please make it simple......

t.f.d.s.

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you have peace!

Aguest, I am confused as to the point you are making?

That since I didn't ask the question, the responses shouldn't have been directed to me?

Putting faith in the written word is what people do.

And so we should do... what people do? Not sure I totally agree...

If you spoke words to me and I agreed and put faith in what you told me it was from what I heard.

YES, we agree.

It is all about communication.

YES, we agree.

Words are either written, spoken, or even give through sign language.

Among other things, YES, we agree.

You can communicate through bodily gestures as well.

Again, I agree.

Point of the matter is that all things have to be communicated

Agreed.

therefore the written words in tablet form if you may were given to us by GOD.

Those actually IN tablet form, yes... I agree. The Bible... not so much. That we should look to the words written in tablet form... OR to the Bible... I vehemently disagree. Vehemently.

You write in a peculiar fashion as if though you feel you are inspired in one way or another.

My apologies for the "peculiarity."

What is your whole point of understanding, and please make it simple...

By "point" may I assume you mean "source"? If so, it would be the Truth, which is my Lord and master, the Holy One of Israel, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, who is the Holy Spirit and Son and Christ of God, the MOST Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies. That would be the Source of my understanding. If that is NOT what you meant, then I must ask you to please clarify... as I am not sure I understand.

I bid you peace.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Inkie
    Inkie

Lillith26:

With regard to God and Christ, have you not heard that there is “neither male nor female”. . . . With regard to women who prophesy, please read below. . . .

16 but this is what was spoken of through the prophet Joel:
    17' AND IT SHALL BE IN THE LAST DAYS,' God says,
    'THAT I WILL POUR FORTH OF MY SPIRIT ON ALL MANKIND;
    AND YOUR SONS AND YOUR DAUGHTERS SHALL PROPHESY,
    AND YOUR YOUNG MEN SHALL SEE VISIONS,
    AND YOUR OLD MEN SHALL DREAM DREAMS;
    18 EVEN ON MY BONDSLAVES, BOTH MEN AND WOMEN,
    I WILL IN THOSE DAYS POUR FORTH OF MY SPIRIT
    And they shall prophesy.—Acts 2:17-18.

5But every woman who has her head uncovered while praying or prophesying disgraces her head, for she is one and the same as the woman whose head is shaved.—1 Corinthians 11:5.

8On the next day we left and came to Caesarea, and entering the house of Philip the evangelist, who was one of the seven, we stayed with him.

9 Now this man had four virgin daughters who were prophetesses. –Acts 21:8-9.

20 Miriam the prophetess, Aaron's sister, took the timbrel in her hand, and all the women went out after her with timbrels and with dancing.—Exodus 15:20.

4 Now Deborah, a prophetess, the wife of Lappidoth, was judging Israel at that time.

5 She used to sit under the palm tree of Deborah between Ramah and Bethel in the hill country of Ephraim; and the sons of Israel came up to her for judgment.—Judges 4:4-5.

14 So Hilkiah the priest, Ahikam, Achbor, Shaphan, and Asaiah went to Huldah the prophetess, the wife of Shallum the son of Tikvah, the son of Harhas, keeper of the wardrobe (now she lived in Jerusalem in the Second Quarter); and they spoke to her.

15 She said to them, "Thus says the LORD God of Israel, 'Tell the man who sent you to me,

16 thus says the LORD, "Behold, I bring evil on this place and on its inhabitants, even all the words of the book which the king of Judah has read.

17 "Because they have forsaken Me and have burned incense to other gods that they might provoke Me to anger with all the work of their hands, therefore My wrath burns against this place, and it shall not be quenched."' –2 Kings 22:14-17.

36And there was a prophetess, Anna the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Asher She was advanced in years and had lived with her husband seven years after her marriage,

37and then as a widow to the age of eighty-four. She never left the temple, serving night and day with fastings and prayers.

38At that very moment she came up and began giving thanks to God, and continued to speak of Him to all those who were looking for the redemption of Jerusalem.—Luke 2:35-38.

Just a bit of info. . . . Blessings.

--Inkie

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Regardless of what Paul says in 1Timothy 2:9-15, which has been viewed by some scholars as questionable that Paul actually wrote that, Paul mentions a few women by name as having a pormenant palce in the churchs he help set up, Priscila and Phoebe to name two.

Of course no where does Paul say that these two were preachers but the simple fact they are mentioend by name means quite a bit.

Of course, just because Paul said something almost 2000 years ago doesn't mean that it is applicable today, Jesus used a Samaritan woman to "preach" his coming in the GOJ.

• cattails
    cattails

Anyone who writes JAHESHUA for Jesus has more problems than I can deal with.

Am I a believer? I am. Am I going to answer the question you put at the beginning?

Why doesn't the Spirit, which you say motivates you, give you the answer?

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I really like the way outlaw phrased it. I had trouble figuring out what the OP was trying to ask but outlaw made it perfectly clear.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit