To the "Believers" - A Sincere Question...

by AGuest 55 Replies latest watchtower bible

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Shelby,

I appreciate your candor :)

I was justshowing the reason why so many prefer to put their trust in the written word then in THE word itself.

Whether I agree or disagree is irrelevant, it just is that way.

Heck, even Jesus was not accepted by all, even his own family did not follow him, and his home town did not believe.

And this was Jesus !! the man dude himself !! the Big Cheese !!, all you had to do was listen and open your heart to him, but many still didn't, why?

Because they prefered to put their trust in what they KNEW ( see: passed down as "the truth") rather than trust what they were hearing and even seeing with their own eyes and ears.

I couldn't tell you how m any times I have shown the JW's doctrine to be false, hypocritical and bias, to my JW family memembers only to hear back that "the problem with you is that you THINK you know everything", LOL !!

Fact is, IF I wasn't family and I was a JW elder teling them the eact samething, they would believe in in a heartbeat.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Peace to you!

Yes, just as our Lord is recorded to have said:

"I have come in My Father's name, and you do not receive Me; if another comes in his own name, him you will receive." John 5:43

Ah, well. It was prophesied:

" ...go to the house of Israel and speak with My words to them. For you [are] not sent to a people of unfamiliar speech and of hard language, [but] to the house of Israel, not to many people of unfamiliar speech and of hard language, whose words you cannot understand. Surely, had I sent you to them, they would have listened to you. But the house of Israel will not listen to you, because they will not listen to Me; for all the house of Israel [are] impudent and hard-hearted." Ezekiel 3:4-7

But so long as he directs me... and sends me... I must share what he gives me:

"Like adamant stone, harder than flint, I have made your forehead; do not be afraid of them, nor be dismayed at their looks, though they [are] a rebellious house. ... receive into your heartall My words that I speak to you, and hear with your ears. And go, get to the captives, to the children of your people, and speak to them and tell them, 'Thus says [JHVH[],'... whether they hear, or whether they refuse."Ezekiel 3:8-11

I am, by NO means the Prophet Ezekiel. I have aspired to such a position. Nor am I to say 'Thus says [JHVH]." But... the SAME Spirit that was in Ezekiel is the One that is in me - I do not lie to you. And THAT Spirit HAS said to me, on many occasions: "speak to them and tell them... whether they hear, or whether they refuse." And when I ask the One speaking, "Who is this, please?" (although I haven't had to do so for some years, now, because I KNOW his voice... umistakably, now), the answer I always receive... ALWAYS... is "I am the Christ." And when I ask his name, he ALWAYS replies, "I am JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, the Son and Chosen One of the Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies."

What, then, am I to do? What would ANY here do if it happened to them? They would go and they would speak. Whether the people listened... or not. They would be lying if they said they wouldn't... because it really isn't UP to them. Acts 9:6, 15, 16; 15:16

And so, I go. And I "speak." And I will continue to do so, as he directs me... whether folks hear... or refrain.

I bid you peace and thank you for your kind patience.

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• Snotrag
    Snotrag

I am, by NO means the Prophet Ezekiel. I have aspired to such a position. Nor am I to say 'Thus says [JHVH]." But... the SAME Spirit that was in Ezekiel is the One that is in me - I do not lie to you. And THAT Spirit HAS said to me, on many occasions: "speak to them and tell them... whether they hear, or whether they refuse."

Since you are not a prophet but carry the spirit of a prophet, What can you add to the body of knowledge that exists. If understanding is actually yours let your light shine in the darkness. Otherwise I have grave doubts of your sanity.

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

Snotrag.... nice choice of name for yourself IMHO... it's interesting that you would choose such a 'deep' thread on which to make your first post.... Welcome to the board, Shelby has been here for the better part of 8 years... might I sugest getting to 'know people' before you start judging/nit-picking etc.... I have doubts about your intensions for being here....

I would also like to point out at this time, that it is NOT uncommon for your average JW to believe that their GB carries the spirit of the same prophet and are in constant 'communcation with him' in order to "take care of his earthly posessions"- so to speak....

My questions to you, Snotrag, are thus.... do you have any doubts about the sanity of the WTBTS's GB??? if NOT, then why not??? Do they (the GB) really claim to be annointed prophets???? and if not, then why do they prophesy????

I suspect we will hear nothing but silence as your answers to my questions...

Nose-picker You may need a tissue for that :)

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you have peace! Yikes, I meant to say I have NOT aspired to such a position. I mean, isn't up to ME... the one running... is it? I was chosen for ONE reason: NOT because I was someone "special" or "worthy," but simply because I responded when the voice called my name. I did not beg off... but, out of curiousity... I, well, called the bluff of the One calling me. I ASKED, "Who IS this, please?" And the rest is, well, history.

What can you add to the body of knowledge that exists.

I can add nothing to knowledge at all. Body or otherwise. I can only tell you ABOUT the One who can... and share with you what HE gives me.

If understanding is actually yours let your light shine in the darkness.

I'm tryin', dear one. I'm tryin'. This IS my "light," and I have share virtually ALL that the True Light has given me to share. What that One tells me "in the darkness" I try with ALL of my MIGHT... to say in the light. I hide nothing. I say what I hear... and who I heard it from. I give the honor and glory to the MOST Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies... and to His Son and Christ, the Holy One of Israel and Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA MISCHJAH. And I have tried to do it with as much LOVE as I can possible bring... because, again, the sheep do not belong to me.

That, though, is what I do HERE. It is my "assignment" for this place. What I do outside of this "city"... I do not "trumpet." My "gifts of mercy" are for the eyes of God and Christ, only. Because it is only by means of THEM that I am able to do such things. EVERY time... the recipient of such "gift" praises God... and not me. And that is how it should be. I... am just a servant.

Otherwise I have grave doubts of your sanity.

Well, given the faith... or lack thereof... of Israel and of the world... that is no surprise. Again, a slave is NOT greater than his master... and they even went so far as to say my Lord was/had a demon. That someone thinks me insane is... well, of no consequence. That I share what I am directed by the Holy Spirit TO share... is of GREAT consequence. For me... and MY household. And, possibly, those who hear... and those who don't.

I bid you peace!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• AGuest
    AGuest

THANK you... and peace to you!

Oh, and... ewwwwwwww!! LOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Peace!

YOUR servant, and a slave of Christ,

Shel

• Snotrag
    Snotrag

Why do you assume that I am judging? The statement made by AGuest as well as many other posts by him conmpell the question. If there really is a prophet in our time he will be hard to believe and speak in such a manner as to invite questioning. By his response I see that AGuest is a true believer and a foller of J. That is what I wanted to know. I do not beleive the GB is anymore than a corporate salesman. The Bible has much more in it than the WTBTS sells. This will not be my last post, I hope to have some strong and very deep discusssions here. Keep Smiling.

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

Shelby is a woman- as am I... .... but I dont recall every reading anything said by Jesus that only a male could prophesy, or recieve gifts of the spirit... Paul on the other hand was not so, ummmn... you get my point.

Jesus welcomed all honest questions and answered them... wouldn't a true follower of Christ do the same?

I cant honestly say that I follow anyone- I follow truth... I seek truth... and if that truth leads me to Jesus one day and he is the one who answers my call for truth then... I will be compelled to follow. But sadly for now I do lack that important factor- FAITH..... but at least I am honest in this regard.

I look forward to many more deep discussions and reasons to smile.

I do have to ask though... why did you pick that name??? ( I said *pick* LOL)

• Snotrag
  • Snotrag
    Snotrag

I'm stuck with a runny nose. I carry 2 or three handkerchiefs and usually have more around. So I try to accept it with humor and thus the name

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit