To the "Believers" - A Sincere Question...

by AGuest 55 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AGuest
    AGuest

To: "Non-Believers" (I am speaking to the "adult" among you as there are some who simply won't be able to resist... and you know who you are), I would like to ask that you please refrain from commenting, if you would be so kind. If possible, it would be greatly appreciated if you would hold your comments for another thread, please. Thank you... and may you have peace!

TO: "Believers"... and thus, the Household of God, Israel, and those who go with... the "small child" and the "full-grown man" among you... and you know who you are... may you have peace!

I am compelled by the Holy Spirit to ask you an honest and sincere question, and to ask, respectfully, that you respond in kind. I am to ask you:

Why it is that you PREFER, indeed CHOOSE... to put your faith in the Bible as the "word [from] God" that "speaks" to you... instead of in the Holy Spirit, who is the Son of God and Holy One of Israel?

That's it. That's all. I have received nothing more, other than to ask that you do not respond in haste, but take your time, and perhaps even prayerfully consider your response before you make it... and include the citation at Malachi 3:16.

In the meantime, may the undeserved kindness and mercy of the MOST Holy One of Israel, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, whose name is JAH... of Armies*... and the love and peace of His Son and Christ, the Holy One of Israel, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, who is MY Lord, Master, and Savior... and HIS Holy Spirit... be upon you... and may that One lead you... into ALL truth... if you so wish it.

*Psalm 68:4; Isaiah 48:2 - please, refer to the Hebrew, as cited by Strong's...

I bid each and every one of you... and your entire households... peace.

YOUR servant, as I am servant to the Household of God, Israel, and ALL those who go with... and fellow slave of Christ,

SA, a good-for-nothing-slave... and insignficant messenger

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

[quote]Why it is that you PREFER, indeed CHOOSE... to put your faith in the Bible as the "word [from] God" that "speaks" to you... instead of in the Holy Spirit, who is the Son of God and Holy One of Israel?[/quote]

I don't. I have never known them to contradict one another or be mutually exclusive.

• ssn587
    ssn587

A guest, thanks for this, I have always enjoyed your posts and found them informative if not one's to make one think. thanks again so much. take care and may God bless you.

• ssn587
    ssn587

A guest, thanks for this, I have always enjoyed your posts and found them informative if not one's to make one think. thanks again so much. take care and may God bless you.

• Awen
    Awen

I put my faith in God, his Son Jesus and receive instruction by way of the Holy Spirit, which according the Jesus' words in the Bible I would.

That being said, the Bible nor the Holyspirit contradict one another. The scriptures tell us that all things were recorded aforetime for our instruction. Also that we should read the Law of God when we get up in the morning, when we lay down, when we walk on the road, etc. The Holy Spirit is called a "helper" by Jesus. A helper for what? To understand the things that were recorded for our instruction. Those things found in the Bible.

• Chalam
    Chalam

I have never known them to contradict one another or be mutually exclusive.

Agreed!

Hebrews 4:12 (New International Version)

12 For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

1 Peter 1:23 (New International Version)

23 For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

So AGuest, are you "born again" as 1 Peter 1:23 says?

All the best,

Stephen

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

you people are going to hell bcoz the wts says you shouldnt be on this site? LOL and I put this as a question to you

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

Your question assumes two things and these make your question loaded in favour of your own personal creed.

1 We do not "choose" to put faith in the Bible, but we do put faith in Him who is the substance of our faith. Jesus Christ. [2 Tim 1:13] The Bible is an extension of such faith but is not the substance of it. The Bible does not save nor does a study of it do so. Only Jesus does. [Jo 5:39]

As Christians we accept the fact that none of us has the Absolute Interpretation of Scripture, hence we accept a variety of interpretive ministries in those parts of Scripture that are not contingent on salvation, although, on those parts that are there is a remarkable and harmonious amity.

We believe, despite its problems, textual, and polemical, that the Bible contains the Word of God, and is inspired and is profitable for teaching, reproof, correction, and training in righteousness. [2 Tim 3:16] But nobody becomes righteous by either reading or studying the Bible as if it somehow possesses Talmudic complexities that need to be divined. Righteousness is a gift [Rom 5:17] that is miraculously given to believers who have faith in Jesus Christ. [Ro 3:22]

2 You further imply that instead, believers ought to put their faith in "The Holy Spirit, who is the Son of God, and the Holy One of Israel". This sounds like a complicated system of Oneness Theology which sees The Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit as one person.

I do not intend to go down this road, but suffice it to say, that faith in Christ implies faith in the Father and the Holy Spirit equally, though Scripture portrays them as separate Persons, or centers of consciousness. We have faith in the Father as the Originator of salvation, in Christ as the Means of it, and the Holy Spirit as the Enlightener of salvation. There is no rivalry for our faith in heaven.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Malachi 3:16 Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name. KJV

Shelby, I've posted on here before that I believe the LORD in the above passage of scripture to be Jesus of Nazareth, the Word of God.

I DO NOT believe Jesus, the Word, to be the Holy Spirit.

Having said that, I consider the Bible to be only as inerrant as the ones who wrote it.

With the greatest of sincerity.

Sylvia

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Shelby ..

I know you asked "Non Believers" not to post..

But..

I think I need to..

So your question is better understood..

For those who do not know Shelby as well as I..

I write this for you..

So you can better understand her..

The Old Testament of the Bible was followed,until the New Testament came along..

The New Testament replaced the Old Testament..

The New Testament of the Bible was followed,until Jesus`s arrival..

Jesus went against many teachings..

The Old Laws went out the the window,when Jesus arrived..

Jesus was the New Law..

THE WORD..

To Christians like Shelby..

JESUS has "REPLACED" the BIBLE..

Why do many of you Christians still follow the Bible,instead of the Words and Examples of Jesus?..

If you are a Christian,you Follow Jesus..Not Old Jewish Laws..

Why do you follow a Book,that was REPLACED by JESUS?..

AS DEVOTED FOLLOWERS OF CHRIST..

WHY ARE YOU NOT FOLLOWING THE WORDS AND EXAMPLES OF JESUS,"EXCLUSIVELY"?

....................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit