To the "Believers" - A Sincere Question...

by AGuest 55 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Why it is that you PREFER, indeed CHOOSE... to put your faith in the Bible as the "word [from] God" that "speaks" to you...

Simple, because the Holy Spirit tells me to.

2Ti 3:16

All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; 17 so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Don't be sad, Shelby.

I'm re-familiarizing myself with the One who said the following:

Luke 11:35 "Then watch out that the light in you is not darkness. NASB

By nature, I'm somewhat reserved, reticent, cautious; therefore those words have special meaning for me.

Please be patient as I, along with others, take those tentative steps toward the Master's outstretched arms.

Sylvia

• John Doe
    John Doe

Syliva, as I read that post, I picture you sitting there with dilated pupils, wide eyes, and a monotonous grin on your face.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Don't start with me, Doe Boy.

I done told you!

Sylvia

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR
    Why it is that you PREFER, indeed CHOOSE... to put your faith in the Bible as the "word [from] God" that "speaks" to you... instead of in the Holy Spirit, who is the Son of God and Holy One of Israel?

I really cannot answer this question because your view of the Holy Spirit is really off. The Holy Spirit is not the Son of God...unless you are a Modalist, and therefore outside the realm of historic Chrstian orthodoxy.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Once you become spiritual, you can burn all your books. Until such a time as that happens, you need your books, your fancy lingo, and all your other crutches.

S

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you all have peace!

I hear you... and our Lord hears you. I am sorry if my sadness made anyone sad (I sound like Paul - LOL!)... but you all know about the One I know... and I think you can imagine how this makes him feel. He is there... he is speaking. Indeed, he is calling out. We have been SO inundated, however, with doctrines, beliefs, teachings, beliefs, commentaries, beliefs... etc., that most of us have forgotten the love we had at first: of God and Christ. It is WHY we search. WHY we look for truth. It is WHY we join religious institutions: trying to FIND them. Because we came FROM them... and will one day return TO them. In the meantime, there are SO many false "lights" out there.

We, however, have to keep our eyes on the TRUE Light... and if we do OUR path will get lighter... and lighter... until he is standing right there before us.

Coffee - May JAH bless!

Silvie - You're okay. That you acknowledge YOUR deficiency is a beginning. Most blame God, rather than admitting it is their own lack that is causing the gap. When you acknowledge that it is WE who are short, we who miss the mark... then HE moves us closer to him. Why is that? Because admitting our own errors is the beginning of "cleansing the inside of the cup." It is true humility... when we say it is US... and not HIM/THEM. You have done this... and the MOST HolyOne of Israel WILL bless you and your prayer for ears WILL be answered.

PSacto - Are they God's words? If the One speaking identifies himself as "the Christ," or "the Holy Spirit," or "the Holy One of Israel," or by his Hebrew name "JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH," then the answer is YES. Vehemently, yes! Because, although they can do a LOT of deceitful things, the demons CANNOT identify themselves in this way. CANNOT.

or am I crazy? No, dear one. NONE of us who hear the voice of the Fine Shepherd are crazy. The WORLD thinks we are, but that is because THEY can't "receive" him.

am I hearing things? Yes, but such thing... is merely a voice. Ask it to identify itself; demand it. And it will. It must. Mark 5:9; Acts 9:5

WTF is wrong with me ??? Not a thing. Not one thing.

I bid you all the greatest of love and peace.

YOUR servant, as I am servant to ALL those of the Household of God, Israel, and those who go with... and fellow slave of Christ,

SA

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Don't start with me, Doe Boy.
    I done told you!
    Sylvia

"done?"

• snowbird
    snowbird

Yes, "done," as in Southern speak.

Sylvia

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

I guess the spirit of antichrist didn't like my answer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit