Brilliant Talk Yesterday

by Violet 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

Just thought I would share this.........a brother who used to be a mercenary before he came into the Truth gave the talk at the Hall yesterday and he said that the Bible was like Jehovah's CV.....it told us everything about Him.....so we can really know Him.

He also said with all the governments and all the rules and regulations in the world, and nothing working at the moment, we should appreciate that Jehovah only has 2 laws.............Love Him above all other things, and love our neighbours..........if only the whole world obeyed those 2 laws there would be peace without the need for Armageddon................so its all down to humans why things are going wrong.

If we abandoned the planet tomorrow the earth would repair itself and there would be peace and harmony in Nature.........

Man has really messed up.

Thank goodness we have had the chance to know Jehivah and have a hope for the future!!

You will be met with ridicule and discouragement within this forum just so you are aware. The Almighty GOD appreciate your willingness to display your Love for HIM and therefore you are chosen.......

t.f.d.s.

• Kinjiro
    Kinjiro

Halloween is OVER, enough with the troll bs!

• nelly136
    nelly136

lol welcome back.

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

It was many of the replies on this thread that I would put into the "brilliant" category.

Hopscotch

• undercover
    undercover
    we should appreciate that Jehovah only has 2 laws.............Love Him above all other things, and love our neighbours..........if only the whole world obeyed those 2 laws there would be peace without the need for Armageddon................

Yes...that is indeed a noble thought. Love God and love your neighbor.

It makes you wonder...if any religion creates a body of laws and rules that are not in accordance with the two mentioned here, could they rightfully represent God?

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

First - welcome Violet. Would be nice to know your story? Cause clearly with these being your first posts, your credibility is a wee bit in doubt.

Second - Nelly136 - oh maaaaaan....this isn't who I think it is, is it? Can't I please just hope for the best? Pleeeeeeaaaaaaaaseeeee??? ;)

And thirdly - repost from another thread so this doesn't get tooooo badly hijacked:

Public Service Announcement for those of you who might have missed it:

SOM is mentally ill (look at his member postings and read his history and intro posts) and also believes he is the Faithful and Discreet Slave. He isn't a witness or a troll - he is ill.

By his own admission, he has been kicked off the board many times under different member names. Please have some empathy and kindness for his mental illness and just ignore him. Don't feed into his delusions and keep this going. We can rise above, right???

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

Violet, please answer me: I suppose you live in US, do you really personally believe in that:

He also said with all the governments and all the rules and regulations in the world, and nothing working at the moment

Is really life in yor country so miserable? I live in Eastern Europe, but we have great life here - we have freedom, we have things to eat, we can buy whatever we need, we have reliable medical system, social security system, police, elctricity, water on tap, heating, more TV channels than we need....... life is great here. Is it really so bad around you? So come over....

Do you really believe we live in the worst time on Earth ever? What century would you prefer to live in?

It reminds me my JW wife, who told me lately: "Yes it the worst time ever, .... but I wouldnt like to live in any other century for a second..."

Thank you for your sincere answer.

Albert

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Georgie, you're a voice of reason. Yeah, I think I can ignore him

• isaacaustin
  • BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

What's a CV?

Curriculum Vitae - like a resume.

Share this

Google+