Brilliant Talk Yesterday

by Violet 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Juli
    Juli

There would still be earthquakes, droughts, tsunamis, devastating fires, floods, etc in which millions of creatures die. The natural world is one filled with energy, turmoil, destruction and from it, rebirth.

man's buildings and other infrastructure would disappear in a few centuries perhaps, but that would not make one whit of difference to the earth, just as a great city built on a fault line cannot keep an earthquake from occuring.

How can you post this stuff without thinking it though?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Seems like any HUMBLE, REPENTANT, paid for hire killer soldier, would have downplayed such warmongering among his newfound brotherhood. But thats probably just me.

OTOH, he has certainly shown that he was part of the problem. I am sure that Jehovah understands him well though, if his OT view of violence is any indication.

Yes man has messed up in many respects. But God certainly does not intend to fix it with 2 laws. Otherwise why does his 'Name People' produce billions of books and magazines, when just a single 4x6 tract with those two laws printed on it would do the trick.?

Jeff

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

If we abandoned the planet tomorrow the earth would repair itself and there would be peace and harmony in Nature.........

Man has really messed up.

There is no way that this will ever occur, so why spend time on hypothetical situations? The bible tells what will happen to the earth in the book of Isaiah for one. This planet will never be abondoned as it was created to be inhabited as written.

It is true that not only man has messed up, but also the wicked ones in the heavens have to the highest extent........

t.f.d.s.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

we should appreciate that Jehovah only has 2 laws.............Love Him above all other things, and love our neighbours

Be that as it may, the Cult of Jehovah's Witnesses has added several hundred to the original two.

• PrimateDave
  • DaCheech
    DaCheech

don't be fooled, "god" supposedly built us and the earth this way,

if there is problems with it, stop blaming the humans and give due blame to "god"

• winstonchurchill
    winstonchurchill

And...

1) Men can't grow a beard

2) Women can't wear women's pants

3) Can't participate in a toast

4) Can't say "bless you" when someone sneezes

5) Can't watch R rated movies

6) Can't participate in oral sex

7) Don't get involved in 'worldly' charities

8) Can have all blood fractions, but not whole blood

9) Can't study, investigate or discuss privately

10) Turn in a monthly report

11) ...

Should I go on?????

NONE of the above is mandated/prohibited in the Bible. Yet they are fully enforced by JW's.

• lnunya
    lnunya

Dear Violet, you wrote:

a brother who used to be a mercenary before he came into the Truth gave the talk at the Hall yesterday and he said that the Bible was like Jehovah's CV.....it told us everything about Him.....so we can really know Him.

That's the dilemma with most people who read the Bible. For some reason or another they come to believe that reading about someone is synonymous with knowing them. But 'knowing about God' and 'knowing God' are polar opposites. Someone can tell you everything they know about and have experienced with a personal friend. But having never met them personally, your knowledge is certainly limited to the experience of the storyteller. The good news is that you can know Him on a personal level.

There's certainly nothing wrong with reading the Bible. But after reading about Him, don't become so mired down in the details of a collection of books that you fail to lift your eyes and 'see' the one it speaks about. Jesus is recorded as having said that "You search the scriptures, because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is these that bear witness of Me; and you are unwilling to come to Me, that you may have life." I personally like the way the Message Bible translate these scriptures--"You have your heads in your Bibles constantly because you think you'll find eternal life there. But you miss the forest for the trees. These Scriptures are all about me! And here I am, standing right before you, and you aren't willing to receive from me the life you say you want."

The Bible is a Witness for something greater. Reach for the 'greater.' You'll not regret it. He is truly right before your eyes, patiently waiting for those seeking His face out of a pure heart.

Kind regards,

ln

• JWoods
    JWoods
    a brother who used to be a mercenary

How do they know he is not still a mercenary? That "brilliant" talk does not sound like anything I have ever heard a JW give on an important occasion.

If the adoring poster thinks about it, maybe the reason she thinks it was so "brilliant" is because it actually flies in the face of what the Watchtower really teaches.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit