Those Whose Faith is in the Bible as the Word of God..

by AGuest 46 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest Lillith… may you have peace!

Good theory, except: IF the Holy Spirit “bore” both of these men along… and the Holy Spirit would “recall to mind” all the things Christ told such men… and the Holy Spirit would lead such men “into ALL truth…” how is it that their memories… differ? Again, was it not the SAME Holy Spirit that “bore along” both? If so, how is that that Spirit could not remember whether it was 6… or 8… days?

You movie recount example is great… for a scenario that does not involve the Holy Spirit (which, I think you’d agree, would be the case when recounting a movie). In that case, we are “moved” by a number of things, including our enjoyment (or dislike) of the movie and the desire to share that with another. I remember slightly less details than you. Okay. However, if you and I were both claiming to have had our memories “moved” by the Holy Spirit… would not that SAME Spirit “move” us to SEE… or REMEMBER… the SAME thing(s)?

It would. My point is that neither accounts were “inspired,” such that neither… are “scripture”... contrary to what many believe. Because "scripture" is what man writes as he is "borne along by the Holy Spirit," which Spirit is the Spirit of TRUTH... and so does not lie... and does not forget.

Dearest Son/TFDS... peace to you, as well (is that you, dear Larry??)

Note, I included the words referred to. When you get a minute p lease read it again… and then, if you still wish to, let’s continue. As to your second response, please read the reply to Lillith above. Finally, "thank you," for including the words "In actual fact." These only make my point.

Dearest sspo… may you have peace!

He has revealed it to me. I am hoping that some of you will ask the Holy Spirit… so that it can be revealed to YOU.

Dearest Finally… peace to you… and you are correct as to “the Bible.” Not as to the “scriptures,” however, which are contained IN the Bible… along with a lot of other stuff, yes. Thank you, and again, peace to you!

Dearest Frankie… peace to you! I can understand your theory… which, if what is in the Bible is to be entirely believed… would make some sense. It isn’t, however, to be entirely believed. As my Lord said to me: “All that I tell you IS written [although not necessarily in the Bible] and all that it is written [including in the Bible] is not what I will tell you.” Makes total sense to me!

Again, I bid you all peace… and hopefully eyes to see… and ears to hear… if you so wish them

A slave of Christ,

SA

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good Afternoon Shelby..

I would have to say..

#1: Either Matthew or Luke,can`t count..

#2:The Holy Spirit only had time to talk to one of them..

The other had to guess..

#3: The Holy Spirit had nothing to do with either writer,or the Writing of the Bible..

I like answer #3 the best..

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

"I am to ask you: IF the Holy Spirit guided and directed BOTH men, if BOTH men were indeed "borne along" by that SAME Spirit... how is it that they did not state the SAME period of time. Did not the SAME Holy Spirit know EXACTLY how many days passed between the two occurences? Why would the SAME Spirit give one man one time frame... and another a different time frame. Isn't such an indication of either uncertainty... or indecisiveness... on the part of the Spirit? If so... HOW CAN THAT BE? If not... how do YOU explain the difference... in light of YOUR belief that there is only ONE Holy Spirit... which Spirit is part of ONE God... which God also includes the Christ."

The holy spirit does not make mistakes. If Matthew uses 6 days and Luke 8 days there is a good reason for it. I'm surprised you do not know this.

Luke reports on events he has knowledge of from the sources available to him at the time. Matthew is a prophetic book not an actual history of events as they occurred in the first century. Matthew's account is much more spiritual and prophetic than Luke's thus the differences between them. When you find differences between Matthew and Luke seek out the spiritual reasons for the differences not the physical.

Peace to you.

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

4 Then Jesus said to his disciples: “If anyone wants to come after me, let him disown himself and pick up his torture stake and continually follow me. 25 For whoever wants to save his soul will lose it; but whoever loses his soul for my sake will find it. 26 For what benefit will it be to a man if he gains the whole world but forfeits his soul? or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? 27 For the Son of man is destined to come in the glory of his Father with his angels, and then he will recompense each one according to his behavior. 28 Truly I say to YOU that there are some of those standing here that will not taste death at all until first they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.”

23 Then he went on to say to all: “If anyone wants to come after me, let him disown himself and pick up his torture stake day after day and follow me continually. 24 For whoever wants to save his soul will lose it; but whoever loses his soul for my sake is the one that will save it. 25 Really, what does a man benefit himself if he gains the whole world but loses his own self or suffers damage? 26 For whoever becomes ashamed of me and of my words, the Son of man will be ashamed of this one when he arrives in his glory and that of the Father and of the holy angels. 27 But I tell YOU truthfully, There are some of those standing here that will not taste death at all until first they see the kingdom of God.”

At which point in time were the highlighted words above stated? Please note that they do not occur in both books but only one. This should answer your question which was given to you by clue.......

t.f.d.s.

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

Dearest Son/TFDS... peace to you, as well (is that you, dear Larry??)

Who is Larry? (he thinks I am Larry) lol.........

I am Estephan Leuese, the faithful and discreet slave. You can call me Estephan

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

Hello again Shelby- I dont believe any of the 'scriptures' to be inspired, I take only the advice that rings true for me, and heed only the messages that are of good benifet for myself and those around me...... I do this with most of what I read, listen too, watch- whether it's a song that speaks to my heart or a movie that I have seen that has 'changed' me for the better.... I draw inspiration and knowledge from many different sources... if there is perhaps a 'spirit' that is guiding this process, then I am unaware of their presence, but open to the possibility that there does exist outside of this physical realm a spiritual one, that science may never be able to prove exists.

When I tell people that I am a deist of sorts, it is due to there being no other 'term' that best describes my beliefs... I proved to be a terrible jw convert as I was raised to see the beauty in grey, for me this is no black and white world at all. Culturally I am only 3 generations removed from my Indigenous Australian ancestors, and was raised to have a profound respect for my elders and their 'knowledge'... a culture that pre dates a legend born 2000 years ago in a land far from where I am now...

I appreciate your honesty and thank you for sharing your thoughts and knowledge... I draw inspiration from you also.

Lillith

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you have peace!

The holy spirit does not make mistakes.

I vehemently agree!

If Matthew uses 6 days and Luke 8 days there is a good reason for it.

Again, I totally agree! And I've had the privilege of explaining that reason.

I'm surprised you do not know this.

But I DO indeed know it!

Luke reports on events he has knowledge of from the sources available to him at the time.

Including his own memory (which I don't think HE called "the Holy Spirit"):

"Inasmuch asmany have undertaken to compile a narrativeof the things which have been accomplished among us,just as they were delivered to usby those who from the beginning were eyewitnessesand ministers of the word,it seemed good to mealso, having followed all things closely for some time past, to write an orderly account for you, most excellent The-oph'ilus, that you may know the truth concerning the things of which you have been informed." Luke 1:1-4

Both of which facts indicate… what? That Luke did not “receive” what he did from the Holy Spirit, and thus, he was not “inspired,” and thus, his account is NOT “scripture.” Isn’t that what I was directed to post… and did post? Nevermind that he didn't even write it FOR those belonging to Christ, at least, not as a GROUP... but for ONE man... Theophilus.

Matthew is a prophetic book not an actual history of events as they occurred in the first century.

Really. I am a bit confused. And I think the Holy Spirit is, too, because I am now directed to ask YOU to explain exactly wh at “prophesy” is.

Matthew's account is much more spiritual and prophetic than Luke's the differences between them.

Can you tell me how that is? I mean, which parts/verses in Matthew are more "spiritual,” let alone "much more spiritual," in comparison to which parts in Luke? And the same as to which are “prophetic.” I look forward to knowing this "truth." In the meantime, the truth is that, eithere ay people STILL believe BOTH are “scripture” because they are included in the Bible which they believe to be the word of God. So, please, help me “see”...

When you find differences between Matthew and Luke seek out the spiritual reasons for the differences not the physical.

Unfortunately, while my Lord has in fact revealed the physical difference ("6 says" vs. "8 days"), he has not yet revealed the SPIRITAL difference to me. He DOES, however, now direct me to concede to YOU and ask YOU, what... if YOU know... IS the "spiritual" between these accounts (i.e., what is recorded at Matthew 17:1-13 and Luke 9:28-36)?

Peace to you

And peace to you, as well!

YOUR servant and (fellow?) slave of Christ,

SA

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

SJ,

Oopa's thread is getting all the post tonite SoM is posting about how much he loves Jesus as apposed to the opposite gender, why not drop a few lines there about these vioces you have in your head Im sure youll get more responses.

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you have peace!

Same accounts with similarities and subtle variances.

Yes. Similarities… and subtle variances. Not differences… and, well, glaring discrepancies... as in the verses I was directed to share.

What meaning do you derive from the scripture?

I explained. Primarily, that they are not "scripture," NOT because there is no indication that God TOLD either of the writers TO write, but because they cannot have been “inspired.” For the Holy neither lies nor forgets.

Semantics can cause divisions, so bring together what you read from the scriptures in order to grasp the meaning.

Well, bringing together is not ALWAYS a good thing, particularly if the thing used to "gather"... is false. Surely, you know THAT truth...

Does the bible foretell the future? Yes it does....

Actually, no, "it" does not. Certain BOOKS of the Bible contain PROPHESY... which foretells the future…

......who else can do this with such accuracy?

WHO else? Why, at least two can do so: the MOST Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies, and His Son and Christ, the HOLY One of Israel, my Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH. BUT… since prophesying is a GIFT of the SPIRIT and... if am to be pedantic… there WERE prophets and other who received such spirit and such gift… I would have to say many did... and can do it... with such accuracy. Now, I would have to clarify that by saying that latter (i.e., prophets and those who have the gift of prophesying) cannot do it ON THEIR OWN, but only by means of Holy Spirit. So, if I am to be ACCURATE, I would have to go back to my original statement: the MOST Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies, and His Son and Christ, the HOLY One of Israel, my Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH.

At which point in time were the highlighted words above stated?

The word of the Spirit to ME is that this could most certainly have occurred: the Spirit could have recalled this statement to one’s mind and heart… but not to another’s. Or recalled both to ONE mind and heart… reminding such one of the FULL account at one point and only part at another. No problem. HOWEVER, in the accounts I was directed to raise here… BOTH apparently were “told” of the SAME account (told, because NEITHER was there), supposedly by the SAME Spirit. Yet, one, one thing, and the other, another. IF, then, the Holy Spirit guided BOTH… how can that BE? How can the Holy Spirit give one a number of days, and give the other a different number of days? And if ALL of the account(s) weren't "inspired," and thus "scripture," how can we say that ANY of it is? We cannot.

Please note that they do not occur in both books but only one. This should answer your question which was given to you by clue...

In your mind only, dear one. It apparently answered nothing for the Spirit. It certainly answered nothing for me.

Who is Larry? (he thinks I am Larry) lol.........

I am a “she,” dear one, and thought you were perhaps another poster whose “given” name is, well, some form of “Larry.” If I am in error, I sincerely apologize. Though I am not sure I am in error…

I am Estephan Leuese, the faithful and discreet slave. You can call me Estephan

I am compelled to ask you: WHOSE “faithful and discreet slave” is it that you claim to be? Because, given your “title,” the word that I hear from the Holy Spirit is that HE is the ONLY Faithful and Discreet Slave… and ALL others are false… and, thus, “false christs.” Which is how I am to think of you for now. So, you might want to rethink that title…

My peace remains.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• AGuest
    AGuest

I hear you, dear Lillith and my wish for your peace remains. My Lord has taught me the TRUE meaning of “he that is not against [me] is FOR [me]” – that it is not necessarily those who believe in the Bible… or what it says. Quite the opposite, actually: most of those “against” me… believe in the Bible… and believe it to be the word of God. Ah, well… what can you do? To their own “master” (which is, apparently, a book) they will stand or fall.

And peace to you, too, dear Frankie – Hey, look: I got remarried a little while ago and out of love for the new spouse, took his name. So, it’s “SA”, now, if you would be so kind. Thanks and, again, peace to you! (Oh, and I don’t necessarily “follow” people around the board, except perhaps those I view as having something “beneficial” (or interesting/funny) to “say” (which isn’t necessarily the case as to SoM). Otherwise, I try to stick with the Spirit directs me to…

Again, peace to you, both!

A slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit