From Noah's Ark to Australia - Awake! Jan. 8, 1969 pp. 5-8

by Billy the Ex-Bethelite 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Great topic Alot of food for thought.

I've heard JW answers to this sort of topic as 'Jehovah has the power to create the flood, he has the power to sustain the animals during their migration' when the animals dispersed from the ark and moved all over the earth. Their reasoning is such that Jehovah could've filled their bellies long enough to settle somewhere (so they wouldn't eat each other, and the koalas would've survived without gum leaves). And if you believe in an almighty power, then I suppose this is reasonable.

But simple logic tells us this can't be right!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    But simple logic tells us this can't be right!

LOL

I can't imagine what a koala bear would look like with enough food in its belly to get it to Oz.

You would have to roll the bugger there.

Cheers

Chris

• cantleave
    cantleave

Just re-read my post did I really type Yurket instead of Turkey!!! It was late and I was drinking when I typed it.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Cant,

Ten lashes with a wet noodle for the infraction.

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

....and a spanking

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Chris...hahaha!! Koalas move so slow and sleep most of the day, actually, I think they are only awake a few hours of the day in fact. From memory, I think they sleep about 18hrs or more per 24hr period. Anyway, hard to imagine them making the journey during the night, at their slow pace...lol.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Want,

Yeah but maybe Je-hoe had a big bird swoop down on a mating pair and had them flown some of the way.

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Lol yes, that's it!!! Problem solved

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Want,

but even if they recieved birdie help it would still take a long time:

COORDINATES +
    TOTAL DISTANCE

Australia, AS135.0000
    Turkey, TU35.0000
    Miles:7791.53
    Kilometers:12538.91
    Bearing:NW

I would think that the wind drag would really slow things down not to mention the weight. Let's be generous and say 50 miles a day 50/7700=154 days and you would have to allow for them time to catch food and eat it, which would futher slow down thier migration. Plus the ever present danger of the big bird of pray getting really hungry from all that wing flapping and eating his passengers, Je-hoe must had to really put the double whammy on him to keep that from happening.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I can just imagine a sequel to Genesis flood account where Je-hoe make the pronouncement in typical creative day fashion(let their be light) or Revelations(the great evening meal for the birds):

"And Je-hoe commanded the birds each one as is able to carry, but not eat, matting pairs to their home after the flood"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit