Do I bring anything of worth to this board?

by sooner7nc 35 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

I don't eat pig tails anymore, but I'll fix them for my g'kids.

They love them!

Sylvia

• snowbird
    snowbird
    ...and gassy

TMI.

Sylvia

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

This whole thread brought something to my mind....

When we were JW's, we "internet apostates" were the enemy. Yet, after we left, we decided to post here, and to give and take.

The give and take is the greatest value imo. Who else can understand what it is like to be in the JW cult like a former JW? And we all need each other.

Part of the benefit of this and other JW boards are some of the expose's and essay's. But that isn't all of what this is about. I have said on more then one occassion as I look back that those "weaker" ones who missed meetings, rarely went in service, often to take care of themselves or their families, were the strong ones. I was the weak one. I obeyed every damn thing they said, and burnt myself into a tiny nub.

We need each other. It isn't about agreeing all the time on our politics or opinions. At least we can understand each other. Those "fluff" posts are valuable. They are about people interacting with friends. That isn't fluff. That is important.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Amen, Jeff.

Sometimes, it's just being plain silly, something that was frowned upon by a majority of "the friends."

Sylvia

• Casper
    Casper
    "the friends."

Oh, Sylvia...

I too, think we all bring something to the board, a mutual understanding, as was stated. I've been here so long, I'm basically over all the deep spiritual threads and I stay out of politics.

I'm at the stage where fluff and just enjoying the site is enough for me.

Cas

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

In my time on the boards I've come to realize that there is a balance that must be struck. I also seem to fall into the "fluff" category most of the time. I have a feeling that like me, most "fluffers" have thrown more than one well thought out post to the masses.

These boards offer a diverse group with many different approaches to each subject. Sometime's the more intellectual posts do us good, sometimes the wise remark after is what makes something click. We all have a value to each other and this community, we just provide it in different ways.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    "the friends."

Oh, Sylvia...

I was hoping you would catch that!

Sylvia

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hi Sooner,

We're all valuable as human beings and are not mere cogs in a wheel. If you feel you have yet to find your voice, just be patient and keep writing. You'll make your points stronger and clearer as your unique personality shines through.

Love,

CoCo

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I feel a little bad now...I was only here for my own enjoyment.

I mean if I didn't like ya'll, I'd go elsewhere.

But this board is like a one-stop shopping.

lisa

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Sooner,

If you really want to bring something of worth to this board, you can send us all money... or beer.

Otherwise, just post whatever is on your mind. No big woop.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit