To Current and Former Elders

by Styxx 80 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• besty
    besty

great posts on here - see the value a hit and run troll can add :-)))

BTW I'm not saying Styxx is a hut and run or a troll but even if he was both......

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    What was really classy was Jeff's reply.

Agreed.

• dissed
    dissed

Why All Time Jeff?

There are 1,000's of others Styxx could have gone after, but Jeff, to Styxx you are special. He/she studied this forum, sized it up, and to Styxx, felt it was important to denigrate YOU.

You should feel honored and priviledged to receive such a rant. I'm jealous, I must work harder at my commenting.

What Styxx was counting on, he didn't get. Equally divisive rants, hoping to prove his preconceived notions of what Ex-JW, Ex-Elders are like. Instead he got very articulate, well thought out replies, AND that everyone who leaves the WTS are not flaming apostates.

Sorry to dissapoint Styxx.

You all come back now, you hear.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

You can really tell the immaturity of styxx, which makes me wonder how old he is now.

The organization has truely lost gems in elders that have served both the congregations and the organization.

To truely have some in depth understanding as Jeff, and wiley, leper, oldseeker, snakes have posted here, you have to have been able to step

away. I think this is always with great loss and pain.

Having reached the age of 50, I would find it very difficult to go to someone in their twentys and thirties for counsel and advice.

I have children my own that age.

I have met too many ex-elders that were given that assignment in their twenty's that have deep regret, burnt-out, and out period.

It's too young for that kind of responsiblity.

purps

• minimus
    minimus

I never realized how much Jeff sucks until reading this.

I'm very much like Jeff, only I was 24 when I got the big prize!

• JWoods
    JWoods

That would be true in an ideal world, purps, but like I said before: In many cases the WTS really has no option if they want a full body of elders.

Remember too, that if they stay in, a lot of those super-annuated Hitler youths become the cranky, nasty, vindictive senior elders of the next decade or so.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Hello. I was not about the power either. I thought I was doing God's will when I accepted the position.
    WTS mistrusts the members and is all about "position" so some of that will rub off on the elders even if they have the best intentions.

Let's face it. Elders are lower managers of a dangerous mind-control cult that is all about secrets and manipulations and getting people to donate all their time and most of their money. They can only offer one standard advice to any problem of the members: DO MORE.... It might be more recruiting, praying, literature studying, meeting attendance, reaching out, but it is all just MORE CULT STUFF.

Whatever I thought of elders or others in the Borg, I am willing to let that be in their past if they put it in their past. Even the total a-hole C.O. that I last dealt with would be welcome at my ex-JW meetup group, providing he wasn't a pedophile that got WT to cover it up.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

That would be true in an ideal world, purps, but like I said before: In many cases the WTS really has no option if they want a full body of elders.

Then congregation members are left with no option either. It's not a very good situation.

purps

• chickpea
    chickpea

if i have the temerity
    to ask of my children
    forgiveness for having
    decimated their childhoods
    with a blind allegiance to
    a cult, then how could i
    possibly withhold the same
    from any former elder who
    publically flagellates himself
    for the role he may have
    played as a company man?

styxx:
    karma is produced 4 ways

• through thoughts
    • through words
    • through actions that we perform ourselves
    • through actions others do under our instructions

IF any of it is true or has merit
    that last one would have the
    GB crapping their pants.....

their karma is about to run over their dogma....

• JWoods
    JWoods
    Then congregation members are left with no option either. It's not a very good situation.

Well, they have always been so all-fired insistent that they have "no full-time paid clergy" (or make that "no qualified and educated clergy") that they really have brought this amatuer hour of elders on themselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit