To Current and Former Elders

by Styxx 80 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dinah
    dinah
    I am a naturally ambitious person who wants to succeed. The only goals that were ever put in front of me were JW goals. Channeled differently, I would have taken up college earlier, and been a part of the human race sooner.

Right there is the reason I love you, Jeff. You admit you were misguided and wrong. That takes a big man. You were appointed (read USED) as an elder. They feeded off your ambition. You saw you needed some K-Y, and stopped being their bitch!

• dinah
    dinah

I don't think feeded is a word.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Fed, dinah, fed. But we all knew what you meant dear.

Great reply Jeff.

• Balsam
    Balsam

Any of us that are older realize that we didn't know squat at 20 something. How can a young man with no real experience be given such a heavy responsibility as an Elder. Mental illness, marriage problems, incest, adultery, drugs, fornication of all kinds, etc, etc are all things Elders have to listen to and figure out what to do. No person without some kind of experience and education in human behavior or psychology should ever deal with that. That is why ministers get college educations, but no Jehovah's Witnesses thinks they guy with no further education or experience is skilled enough with Gods help to know what to do. Sad very sad, its no wonder the JW organization is so bogus.

Ruth

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    I don't think feeded is a word.

Dinah, I love you, but is this what a Crimson Tide education looks like?

In all seriousness, thanks for the kind words.... (I am still bitter about the Vols game, can't you tell?)

• dinah
    dinah

Which brings me back to my reaction when a 20-something elder was on my porch doing a sheparding call. You are going to shepherd me? I was 36, kicked out of my religion because I wasn't repentant. Spent 5 years getting the living shit beat outta me because I deserved it for leaving Jehovah, left the truth, beat me, beat me. I like it!!!

I had been awake for about three years. This fucking KID is on my porch trying to say how I need the Dubs.

I laughed at him, laughed!

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I can only imagine what it must have been like for the first guy I helped DF... 26 years old... wow...

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Welcome Styxx.

What I came to realise due to situations like you describe is that holy spirit does not direct the Watchtower organisation or its appointments. There is little difference between a for profit corporation and a religious corporation; except that religions are more dangerous. People expect for profit corporations to be underhanded, but they let their guard down and are far more vunerable to abuse from religious leaders, whom they expect are well intentioned when operating in the name of God.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I don't think it's a bad thing for elders to see, not just the hurt they caused, but the rage they've engendered, because they just won't do.the.right.thing.

And elders almost never do.the.right.thing.

• dinah
    dinah

Well, Jeff, how often do you see a Tennesse fan help an Alabama fan? Plus, I never went to college. Should have, but I was taught I was gonna die in two years cos I was a baddie.

So your put-down for Bama fans is unwarranted. I'm just a dumb, uneducated Bama fan.

*Dinah, who got her education from the school of hard knocks class*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit