Are YOU Shunned By Jehovah's Witnesses At All?

by minimus 46 Replies latest jw friends

• keeshondgirl
    keeshondgirl

someone I was good friends before being a jw who also played a part in making me a jw (shes a jw) will not have anything to do with me anymore. She wrote an email basically saying I worship satan because I do not attend meetings. I am not disfellowshipped and she doesn't know the real reason why I do not attend anymore.

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

Can you imagine Christ seeing any one of us and refusing to look at us? Can you imagine Christ treating us as if we didn't exist, and were dead?

Ya know...I never really thought about THAT!! The perfect being that he is...I cannot even imagine him just 'pretending' not to notice someone at all. I mean he APPROACHED harlots, murderers, criminals - not turn away from them. WOW! Really good point there.

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

someone I was good friends before being a jw who also played a part in making me a jw (shes a jw) will not have anything to do with me anymore. She wrote an email basically saying I worship satan because I do not attend meetings. I am not disfellowshipped and she doesn't know the real reason why I do not attend anymore

See....that is my point!!! Instead of demeaning someone and judging them (accusing you of worshiping Satan? REALLY??? That's all she could come up with???) WHY could she not just try to see WHY you stopped going, WHAT changed your mind, etc. She proved the whole 'conditional' love issue right there. I'm sorry you had to deal with that.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I am only aware of it on the rare occasions I run into certain ones in a public place or on the few occasions I attend the hall. It is no loss at all. The ones who 'shun' or try to 'ignore' me were never my friends anyway. I always make sure I look nice. This dispels their fallacy about those who leave.

What I find amusing is how JWs are in a delusion about themselves. They imagine they are important and that they will be missed. Do they think that because somebody is no longer in the religion - whether because of fading, DF or DA - that the person is unhappy or can't possibly survive in the world? Quite the contrary. Generally, people who leave have a great weight lifted off their shoulders and once they deal with their issues are usually okay. If somebody hasn't said hello in twenty years, why would I care at this point?

• minimus
    minimus

And they claim to be Christian?

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

A sis from the Mineral Wells, Texas congregation almost hugged me the other day when she saw me at my place of work. I've avoided this woman like the plague ever since I've known her, and she tries to hug me! Conversely, my sis in law, whom I care very deeply for, won't even look at me.

sooner

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

I'm shunned by my mother.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit