Are YOU Shunned By Jehovah's Witnesses At All?

by minimus 46 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Some Witnesses speak to me quite normally/. Others avoid me like the plague.

How are you treated by the Witnesses?

• snowbird
    snowbird

One former-harlot-turned-upright-JW passes by my house just to snub me!

LOL.

Sylvia

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

I have a few JWs that continue to speak to me...but the majority of the ones I called 'friends' NO longer have anything to do with me. Their phone calls and emails stopped. My parents have also joined in on the 'shunning' after I stopped going to mtgs at all and informed them it was not gonna happen.

• Newborn
    Newborn

My own sister disownes me and I've no contact with any JW friends from before or now...

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Since leaving the cult I've moved to the other end of the city, so no JWs here know me. If I was among JWs I knew I'm sure they'd shun me. Shit, many of them shunned me even when I was a JW.

W

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Like Minimus I get some that look happy to see me, some not so happy.

We are not disfellowshipped but some do treat us like we are

A few weeks ago we were at back to school night at my sons High School and ran into quite a few JW's. I loved marching up to the ones that are obviously trying to avoid us and speak very loudly, some times hug them or grab their hand and tell them how nice it is to see them...LOL. I love to see the look on some of their faces.

The ones that are decent enough to make eye contact and give us a smile and wave I leave alone

*hands on hips* I'm not that humble little sheep that use to run out and cry because I felt horrible about the way were treated. It feels AWESOME!

• minimus
    minimus

My aunt, cousin and brother avoid me but most are not bad. It's awkward.

• JWoods
    JWoods

They think I live in the basement of a castle in Transylvania - sleeping there in a coffin upon my native red clay of Oklahoma - and that I can fly around at night !

Without my Citabria...

My girlfriends are cute, though, in sort of a Goth manner of style.

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

I moved to another state then faded. I only attended meetings for 1-2 months and was shunned by the congos strictly for being new. The dubs I knew growing up (including family) shun me, but they are hours away and I don't try to contact them anyway. The few who actually met me/got to know me in the new state never really made an impact and never welcomed me into the fold. It's now been at least 13 or 14 years since my last meeting, I've changed cities about 6 times since then and have no contact with any dubs. I almost never have them at my door and am rarely home during "service hours".

So yes RE family and no RE locals

An additional observation, very few dubs are going to approach a large bald man with tats, piercings, goatee, kilt and smelling vaguely of pot. I do a very good job of broadcasting a "don't talk to me" circle around myself and it keeps the preachy types at bay (even the crazies on the bus), so no issues with being hounded by dubs now :D

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, not at all. Only the ones that shunned us when hubbie was an elder and I was a learned elder's wife......can't please everybody.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit