Questions From Readers - April 15, 2015 Watchtower

by sd-7 23 Replies latest jw friends

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

sd-7, glad to hear you're in a better mood. It's too bad we can't have a SNL type show on being a jw...you'd be an excellent comedy writer.

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes

This funny little article made me hungry

I think I will have a snack and a prayer...sorry...a prayer and a snack

• cantleave
    cantleave

The WT spies have taken note.

• Kinjiro
    Kinjiro

Very funny but totally useless... you forgot the world ends in Dec 2012!

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

ROTFL.......... I didn't even realise it wasn't a real one untill I saw the date..... but then again, even the real answers are funny as all hell to me now!... Great stuff Sd-7!

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

SD7- you really believe, AWAKE will published monthly in 2015?

I think your article should rather be a quotation from AWAKE 2015 - summer edition.

Albert

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

I have a new hero!

• observador
    observador

Very good, SD-7. Having seen the weird behaviours of JWs for years, I don't think asking this would be way off for them.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Holy smokes! Have you been ghostwriting the real articles?? That's eerily spot-on!

• sd-7
    sd-7

What I really liked was the "are snacks food? Apparently so" part. I remembered the feelings I used to get when I'd read these kinds of articles. As if...if they said that chocolate was not food, I would believe it and shudder. I'd still eat chocolate when nobody was looking, of course, even if I felt guilty about it. (I'd just think they were a little extreme--which is what I always thought during convention programs. The interviews with people working 3 days a week and pioneering and etc. made me think, when the heck am I going to have time for ME?) But the subtle power they wield with those words, I thought it appropriate to reflect that.

I was surprised myself at just how identical to the real articles this turned out to be. You'd think they'd only need like three people to write it all, were it not for the scholarly stuff they have to do to give the appearance of being smarter than the R&F. But this was fun.

SD-7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit