Rorschach test for JWs

by 1914BS 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Is that a picture of a book publishing company or a paper mill thats "destroying the earth"?

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Rorschach Test, if you look to long you have failed, the answer is what first comes to mind when seeing the image. There are no right or wrong answers, only how the psychologist score you.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Above the building on the right hand side I can see the lady from the picture "the scream".

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I love this picture. He has a number of inconsistencies that always made me wonder how lazy the art deparment is.

- The barrel, as pictured in a caption, is dumping its contents into the river!

- Look at the pipes on the right. The red one is cut off by the barrel caption. The others are cut off by a wall of water. I think this is the end result of splicing two (very bad) colored pencil drawings togeather.

- Look at the ship in the top left corner and compare it to the pipes. Just another example of how badly the water level of the river/bay is conceptualized in the picture.

• Loquacious
    Loquacious

haha, OMG, I can see it!!! it looks like a fish, can anyone else see it?!?!?

• thomas15
    thomas15

Jehovah will "bring to ruin those ruining the earth"

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Well since a fish is often representative of Christianity, and the fish is what is feautred predominatly in teh picture, can we assume that Christianity is ruining the earth?

• lostsheep82
    lostsheep82

i don't see anything????

• lostsheep82
    lostsheep82

correction, the picture doesn't show up for me, can anyone repost it?

• 1914BS
    1914BS

jookbeard says

the oil drum looks a bit strange, but if someone could highlight any more subliminal imagery I'm sure I'd see it

and drew sagan says

- The barrel, as pictured in a caption, is dumping its contents into the river!

The watchtower society can and does put subliminal imagery (jests) into the artwork. Many JWs no longer have the capacity to think objectively. That leads to errors in their perception and a unwillingness to break former paradigms. The picture is a classic case of visual maniplulation to fool the viewer. The fish is in its own frame - almost, but not quite - that leads to a dulling of the perception, for the real intention of the Bethell artist was the oil barrel which is almost entirely in it's own frame but not quite. The oil barrel is pouring into the river which is conceptually impossible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit