Are you getting your H1N1 shot?

by AwSnap 44 Replies latest jw friends

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Try to keep up here Awen. I know it's difficult.

1) That report is about the REGULAR flu shot - you're off topic.

2) The same reasoning could be used to say that having an airbag in your vehicle is a bad idea. Yes, occasionally people get hurt by them. But statistically you are far better off with it.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Where is the medical proof that what happened to her was caused by the shot? What is the science behind it, that she got the shot and then was disabled?

ONE person of tens of millions gets disabled, no one else, and so the conclusion is that the shot did the damage? No offense, but that is rank stupidity and is dangerous to boot. Now people will see it on TV and think there is some merit to it. There isn't; it is bunk.

There are millions of people who get the regular flu shot; in those millions are people who will have health events completely unrelated to the flu shot.

The same uncritical thinking leads people to think that thimerosal causes autism because autism shows up in children sometime after they get shots; autism actually increased after thimerasol was removed from the MMR formulation.

There are lots of people who LOVE to fuel conspiracy theories and junk science; don't fall for it.

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

Try to keep up here Awen. I know it's difficult.

Awen, don't worry...you are following just fine. The person who posted this thread, AKA- ME, may have titled the thread about H1N1, but I was also wondering about the other types of flu vaccines as well. In fact, I just changed the name of the thread to clarify where I was coming from. Just trying to get different views...I'd say its a success.

So, some think it's crazy to get it & others say it's crazy to not get it. I get it. Got it?

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I think logic has to prevail.

No matter how safe you believe a drug or vaccine is, there will be people who will have a reaction to it and therefore, those people will be collateral damage. Think Gardisil for girls that was pushed a few years ago - there have been a number of teenage girls die after receiving it and now they want to vaccinate boys - the reasoning from pharma and medical is that if a few die, the majority don't. Collateral damage.

Everyone must make their own decision for what they see as acceptable and that being said, at this moment, they are saying that pregnant women are most at risk. After that are small children and then people with other health risks and then the general population.

I just watched a couple of parents who lose their teenage son. Apparently, he got what appeared to be flu, aches, vomiting and fever - they treated it like flu and took him to a clinic. He was sent home and his fever broke and he appeared to be somewhat better. Mom went to work so dad stayed home with him. He went to the bathroom and collapsed and died - all within a 10 minute time frame.

The question is now - he appeared to be getting better and his temperature was down - so does the flu possibly do instant damage to the heart, making a full recovery in fact, impossible? Warnings are coming out that people should be aware that if they seem to have gotten over the flu but it returns, they should head to the hospital.

Second, this was a healthy kid. He was around a lot of other healthy kids- if the incubation period is average of 10-14 days, a vaccine will not do any of the kids around him any good since they have been exposed. This means that in the USA they closed 200 schools because of students in those schools having the flu- they will have been infected if associated and therefore, will a vaccine taken a month later work or is it now a moot point?

There are only a few vaccines available and therefore, it appears many people will be exposed long before one is available to them. I would be interested to know wether or not exposure builds natural antibodies up against the flu since not all those exposed are getting it.

sammieswife.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

First Daughters Have Received the Swine Flu Vaccine

First daughters Malia and Sasha Obama were vaccinated last week against the H1N1 flu virus, the White House announced late Tuesday in a post on the official White House blog.

"President and Mrs. Obama have not yet been vaccinated for H1N1," Katie McCormick-Lelyveld, the first lady's press secretary wrote, "and they will wait until the needs of the priority groups identified by the CDC - including young people under the age of 24, pregnant women, and people with underlying conditions - have been met."

McCormick-Lelyveld wrote that the first daughters were vaccinated last week when the H1N1 vaccine became available to Washington, D.C. school children.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/10/27/white-house-first-daughters-have-received-h1n1-vaccination/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit