Are you getting your H1N1 shot?

by AwSnap 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Joshnaz
    Joshnaz

I doing the natural vaccine thing.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I get flu shots for free where I work. I already got the one for swine flu about a month ago.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I'm more interested in the terminology and possible ramifications from the swine flu already being labelled as a pandemic in the USA. There are only 13 million doses available and watching the news, you can see the stampede for the clinics to get the shot - one woman said she waited 7 hours to get hers. What are they doing about the people who are lining up to get the shot now but who are not a priority - it reminds me of the Titanic when they said women and children first, and the men started jumping into the boats, capsizing them. By Obama passing the law to deal with the whole thing, I believe it will give the doctors and nurses a lot more leeway in isolating cases of the flu outside the hospitals, moving those who are sick and denying shots to those non risk people if necessary.

As a pandemic classification and national emergency, will we start to see a halt to travel as other countries reject us?

I hope clear heads prevail through it all....sammieswife.

• John Doe
    John Doe

I don't have any idea about shortages. I got mine for free where I work, and I am in a high risk group.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I'm in a High-Risk group (Asthma and Sleep Apnea). I have already called my Dr. and once they have a dose for me they will call me to come and get it.

• John Doe
    John Doe

And damn if weren't a sexy nurse who gave us the shots. I didn't even mind my arm being knotted and sore for two days.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Novartis denies problems with swine flu vaccine

October 26th, 2009

Swiss pharmaceutical group Novartis on Monday denied that it faced hurdles in gaining regulatory approval in Switzerland for one of its swine flu vaccines because of possible bacterial contamination.

The vaccine, branded as Celtura, is produced by a technique using cell cultures from dog kidneys, allowing more rapid production than by the more classical method using chicken eggs, according to the company.

Citing anonymous sources close to the case, the Swiss daily Tages-Anzeiger reported on Saturday that the Swiss authority overseeing medicines and therapeutical products, Swissmedic, had found bacterial contamination in test batches of Celtura.

A spokesman at Swissmedic told AFP that the agency could "neither confirm nor deny" the report.

Swissmedic is due to give its authorisation for the vaccine this week ahead of a mass vaccination campaign against influenza A(H1N1) in Switzerland.

A spokesman for Novartis, Eric Althoff, insisted on Monday that the Celtura vaccine was not contaminated.

"There is no contamination of Celtura, the process is much cleaner than by chicken eggs," he told AFP.

http://www.physorg.com/news175767804.html

If you start barking, you know something is up.

S

• John Doe
    John Doe

Mine was chicken egg based.

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

Nope. Here there's a larger issue with Influenza A which is worse. I had a friend that was hospitalized with it, seems like there's a propensity towards pneumonia with it. I have no health insurance and am not a high risk candidate, so I'll take my chances. I've never gotten a flu shot and rarely get the bug when it comes around.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

> seems like there's a propensity towards pneumonia with it.

Wow... about a month ago, on a whim, I got the Pneumonia vaccination. Glad I did!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit