Are you getting your H1N1 shot?

by AwSnap 44 Replies latest jw friends

• AwSnap
  • Heaven
    Heaven

AwSnap... no, I will not be getting a flu shot. I am not in a high risk category and I feel that I do not wish to tax our medical system nor do I wish to potentially take away a shot from someone who needs it more than me.

• blondie
    blondie

I am in a high, high risk group but I need the injection type; but supplies are low.

• only me
    only me

No, I don't want it.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I'm getting the vaccine on the 29th.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Last year, I got the No Flu--which is the one where you don't even get sick. And I got no vaccinations. Rather, I started taking 1,000 units of vitamin D3 per day as soon as the days got too short to make my own. And that worked as well as any flu shots (it also worked on colds--and there is no such thing as a cold shot).

As for swine flu, if you haven't gotten the shot yet, it is probably too late. Either you were exposed to it and didn't get sick, or you already got sick. And, it is a complete waste of time and money to get a swine flu after you got the swine flu. It is not likely you have regular flu this time, because it is out of season for that. Unless you are at high risk, and feel the benefit of a shot is real and worth the cost, I don't recommend getting it.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Already got it.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Along with the vitamin D, I strongly recommend taking vitamin C. I take about 4,000 mg a day, in two doses, of vitamin C per day. That alone reduces my chances of getting a cold by about 2/3. Now, if you put the two together, your chances of getting the flu are much less. A bonus: Taking this amount of vitamin C lessens the danger of getting too much vitamin D (which is worse if you get D2 instead of D3).

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

So, who is this guy and why should I trust his opinion over that of my own doctor who has earned my trust?

W

• John Doe
    John Doe
    As for swine flu, if you haven't gotten the shot yet, it is probably too late. Either you were exposed to it and didn't get sick, or you already got sick. And, it is a complete waste of time and money to get a swine flu after you got the swine flu. It is not likely you have regular flu this time, because it is out of season for that. Unless you are at high risk, and feel the benefit of a shot is real and worth the cost, I don't recommend getting it.

Hardly an ounce of truth in this paragraph. It takes two weeks after getting the shot for your body to build antibodies. The flu season runs from October through March, and is most defintitely not "out of season."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit