Lurkers! Beware The Witness Wicked Imagination!

by metatron 14 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

Hi there! Welcome to all, including you silent lurkers --- and Yes, Bethel Monitors, too.

Apparently, I am defined by the Watchtower Society ( of Pennsylvania and New York) as an "apostate".

However, I want you to know that I do not participate in any orgies. I do not worship Satan. I am not addicted to, nor do I use illegal drugs. I pay my bills every month. I have never been divorced, nor do I wish to. I do not smoke nor do I consume alcohol to excess.

I am not saying the above to make anyone feel bad or jealous. I am simply annoyed by the wicked imagination of so many Witnesses who seem to believe that anyone who leaves the Watchtower behind is a drug addict, adulterer, fornicator or just too lazy to be a zealous Witness and is looking for an excuse to quit.

Believe it or not, some people leave the "Truth" because they honestly believe that it is not the truth at all. They may hold, as I do, that the Organization is quietly corrupt, NOT a "spiritual paradise" at all and is mostly a pious hoax. As such, there is no reason to support it.

To preserve itself and prevent defections, the Watchtower Society must falsely 'demonize' its opponents as utterly awful, wicked people. Maybe a few actually are, but that hasn't been my experience. Most of us are very ordinary folks who just want this international fraud to go away and stop wrecking our families.

Nope, I just checked my head - no horns there. And there's no demonic Smurfs running thru my house. And I'm not gay either ( not that there's anything wrong with that).

metatron

• cantleave
    cantleave

Well said metatron. I always felt apostates were standing against the truth because they were secretely sinning or worshipping Satan. The demonisation by the WTS of people who think things through is utterly abhorent.

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

the Watchtower Society must falsely 'demonize' its opponents as utterly awful, wicked people.

Metatron,

Is wicked as bad as RAT? That is what they called me when I was invited into a paltalk room last Sunday to discuss mistakes that I claimed they were making when I was on another site. And it was over some simple things like who did our Lord accept as his 12th apostle and was Passover observed on the 14th or 15th of Nisan. I have been out for so long that I have forgotten how bad they really were and still are for that matter. It did not matter to them what the scriptures taught. They simply kept insisting that I was wrong. It only mattered to them that I was once baptized and left because their doctrine was false. Now if anyone of them is still interested in the answer they can look at my argumentation at: http://home.earthlink.net/~jmalik/paul.html or http://home.earthlink.net/~jmalik/ch9notes.txt I was going to upgrade that article on Passover and have a new one in html but what's the use? Like you say they do have an imagination, and wicked is a good description of it.

Joseph

• Opus92
    Opus92

Well done, metatron. I like the idea of a list of all the things we "apostates" don't do.

• tlawrence101
    tlawrence101

I always have heard of apostates. When I was young and the organization told us to stay away from people like that. Now others outside of the organization didn't think that the organization were on the up and up. This was mid 80's . They used to believe in the hell fire doctrine and so forth. Now Jehovah has made every knee bend and that was the moment that I feard. --- When I read that in the bible because I never heard it from the society yet---I imagined this moment and I never wanted to force my knee to bend. I was however placed in a fearful situation where by I chose Jehovah as a refuge because I saw life's problems insermountable and the wicked spirit forces attacking. I knew where my help was from and guess what? Brother-Jehovah again made me comfortable. Now I detect that you might be right in what you say about some people that you meet within the organization, however Jehovah's oraganization is perfect and is ran by imperfect people who make terrible mistakes sometimes and take them longer to figure out answers to life's problems. Or they may chose to rely on someone else to fix what is not being stated clearly. Imagine that, to be scared of the truth. Whatever a person's reason is wether it is telling a policeman where a meeting is because they're afraid for their life or something because of the weaker vessel element, the fact remains is that Jehovah is working through His orginization. Making knees bend. And is not far from no one. The truth is how far do we want to be from Him? As a servant of Jehovah we are in a positon to the best of our knowledge, reason with a brother. Older men are caught up in this paradox as well. And the organization is designed to where by if a person does have information that the society hasn't published then it shouldn't be spoke of as a quote from the society in the smallest degree. Just to see if you are caught up in a lifestyle and you are trying to escape the clause of disaster and you feal no way out then guess what Jehovah understands and eventually He will make all things new. Can you dig it?

• mrsjones5
  • sir82
    sir82
    Jehovah's oraganization is perfect and is ran by imperfect people who make terrible mistakes sometimes

Just wanted to point out that this is an utterly nonsensical statement.

Aside from the spelling and grammatical mistakes.

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

Bravo Metatron. I couldn't have said it better myself. Some JW's leave the "truth" and do all sorts of negative/self-destructive things, but IMHO it is because they were raised in one extreme & were never taught balance. Many of the people I've met outside of the witnesses and even *gasP* apostates have been some of the most balanced, caring folks in the world...i.e.-world meaning this beautiful planet

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Thankyou for posting this

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

BTTT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit