Sexual Frigidity is Caused by Feminism--wt quoted this author

by rebel8 36 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

So as not to hijack another thread, I'm going off on my rantangent here.

In the other thread I posted a 1960s wt quote about women having puny brains, being incapable of leading or making decisions, being ruled by their menstrual constitution and weak musculature. Blahbety blah blah blah. If you want more gems, just google "watchtower quotes women" and read to your heart's content.

I got to thinking, who is this broad they quoted as a source, Dr. Marie N. Robinson? WTH?

(The URL for the following link is purely coincidental--I have nothing to do with that site!)

Sexual Frigidity Is Caused by Feminism

Quotes from this critique: (ROFL)

"her sexual satisfaction and spiritual fecundity depend on self-surrender."

They "tend to lose their essential womanliness if they stay [in the marketplace] by choice."

For a profound vaginal orgasm, Robinson writes, "the excitement comes from the act of surrender. There is a tremendous surging physical ecstasy in the yielding itself, in the feeling of being the passive instrument of another person..."

Robinson regards the clitoris as a masculine vestige.

The conclusion of the critique is quite the treat. Posted about a month ago, critiquing a book that's 40 years old and by all accounts totally obsolute and ridiculous? Again ROFL. He'd make a good dub!

CONCLUSION

"I encourage women to have careers if they want to, but if they also want marriage and family, career should be secondary. Naturally men and women should be treated equally in the work force.

Robinson's book confirms my thesis that woman wants love and man wants power. Heterosexual marriage is based on the exchange of female worldly power for male love.

A woman who seeks power is neutering herself and her husband. She will not receive love from a man whose identity is based on power. She cannot love someone she competes with. He cannot love her. This is the dilemma of feminists today.

As Marie N. Robinson confirms, woman loves by entrusting her power to the right man, her husband. He uses it to champion her interests. Thus she both empowers him and channels male power in a socially constructive direction. A woman's real power is love, the power of self surrender.

So anyways, the kind of authorities quoted in wt publications are either total whack jobs themselves, or they are normal and wt misquotes them.

• dinah
  • Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

lol... I find the opposite to be true.

• dinah
    dinah

That's still not as funny as the article comparing women to cows in heat.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Hmmm, seems to me there must be a hell of a lot of JW women who are feminists then (to use some WT circular logic).

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

LMAO... sexual frigidity in women is caused by certain medical conditions... well... that and having the unfortunate experience of being stuck in holy matrimony with a man who doesn't know what the hell he is doing...

J

• VIII
    VIII

1958. Figures.

Figures even more that the WT was quoting that type of stuff back then.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    quote about women having puny brains, being incapable of leading or making decisions, being ruled by their menstrual constitution and weak musculature.

Well, they can't possibly get everything wrong.

• littlepixie
    littlepixie

jeanniebeanz well said!

• TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist

ROFLMAO!!! Sounds more like she's talking about her OWN sex life and projecting it on everyone else...

Great reference.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit