Being Under Cult Mind Control is a Psychological Disorder - Steve Hassan

by flipper 89 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

I really need to get SH's books.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

This video is an excellent example of another group using control and manipulation on its followers. The similarities are striking. Sure, the details are different, but these folks might as well be JWs.

National Geographic: Inside a Cult

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6509120662881681478&ei=hYXnSsvYIdSclAeK7dndBg&q=strong+city+cult&hl=en&view=2&dur=3#

• finding my way
    finding my way

LeavingWT, I saw this video on TV awhile back and was especially shocked that he succeeded in taking 2 wives from other members and convinced young girls to lay naked with him In the Name of GOD! It just shows how the human mind can be manipulated. If "normal" people can be convinced that these things are good and acceptable, than you can easily see how the Watchtower can suceed in convincing it's followers of the things it does. What's also interesting is that while he convinced his followers that the above things mentioned were Godly, the members that have left are still allowed back to see their parents if they wish... Not so with the JW's obviously.

~fmy

• flipper
    flipper

SAOIRSE- Thanks. I'm sorry you get talked about as well. Like you say I guess it goes with the territory of exiting the cult. We just have to be strong and not let our JW relatives negativity get us to down. Just gotta keep positive ! Hang in there sis !

CANTLEAVE- I feel that Steve Hassan's books are a definite must read for anyone exiting Jehovah's Witnesses. Good for you . It will help.

LEAVING WT- Thanks for the links. Absolutely incredible . Such twisted idiots these cult leaders are.

FINDING MY WAY- It is absolutely incredible how mind controlled people can get. It shows how dangerous it is to give our power and minds over to cult leaders and let them do ALL our thinking for us. Charles Mansons followers found that out , as well as Jim Jones and David Koresh's followers. It's the same type of absolute power people give the WT society. Not much difference

• flipper
    flipper

Wanted to bump this up if any had comments on the subject. Thanks , Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

Was going through my thread archives- and thought this one would be good for newer members who are just exiting the witnesses. Lots of good info here from Steve Hassan. All comments welcome

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Combatting Cult Mind Control is AWESOME! I haven't been able to see a copy of Releasing the Bonds yet. It isn't at the bookstore or library and I just haven't had the $25 to spend yet. I don't suppose anyone is willing to loan theirs out?

• flipper
    flipper

MAD SWEENEY- If you enjoyed " Combatting Cult Mind Control" - you'll REALLY enjoy " Releasing the Bonds- Empowering People to Think for Themselves " . In fact- I enjoyed Hassan's second Releasing book more than Combatting. Because it actually gives tips and real ideas of how to assist your cult relatives to think in action. A must read. It also has SEVERAL references to JW cult experiences in the book- so it drove home more with me. I think on Steve Hassan's website - www.freedomofmind.org. he has places you can order the books. I got mine by ordering it at a Borders bookstore. Perhaps Amazon.com also it can be ordered. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• wobble
    wobble

If JW's are suffering from a Psychological Disorder, are they in any fit state to take life threatening medical decisions, i.e refusing blood transfusions, not just for themselves , but their children ?

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

cantleave, I'd be happy to loan you Steve Hassan's books next month.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit