Don't want to celebrate holidays even with my daughter...

by cognac 21 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

For folks on the outside of the bOrg celebrating holidays is not compulsory. Do what feels right and good for you.

• flipper
    flipper

COGNAC- Could it be that you are fearful of celebrating holidays with your daughter because when she starts talking it may get back to your JW family ? I totally understand if that's the case. My wife and adult son and girlfriend and wife's parents do Christmas together - but it's a bit easier because my folks live 5 hours away and my other JW siblings live about 10 hours away.

Children are innocent and can easily let the " cat out of the bag " so to speak so I understand your apprehension. Do you guys still live close to your and his JW family ? Just curious. Perhaps you can do something simple with your daughter - not too extravagant so she won't squeal to JW grandparents - but it's a real fine line that many of us with JW family still in have to tread to keep them from bothering us around holidays. I have no clear answers- just be smart - I'm just posing hypotheticals here for you that you might consider. Good luck, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit