Did the elders ignore you when you need their help?

by asilentone 44 Replies latest jw experiences

• flipper
    flipper

WITCHTOWERWITCH - I love your passion ! Turns me on. Just don't tell my wife. LOL! You have a crazy expressive way about you - I think you have an emphatic way of getting your point across, you think ? But you speak the truth- I like that. No BS

• sspo
    sspo

Dear Mr. witchtower,

why did you waste your time in writing about the false teaching of the watchtower, i told you it's a cult, you do not need to convince me.

My point is many in the organization such as elders are good people that truly believe they have the truth as probably you did

for a period of time, not all are serving for self-glorification and selfish motives.

You quoted the bible often, are you brainwashed also by its message?

• Gordy
    Gordy

I've posted many times on the "help" I got from Elders.

Having been a JW for 25 years, in 1996 I had a breakdown, attempted suicide, later diagnosed as "acute clinical depression".
    I spent six weks in a psychiatric hospital.

Two weeks after coming out of hospital, I appeared before a Judicial Committee and was "privately reproved" and removed as a Min Servant.
    This I learnt only a couple of years ago was against their own Elders manual, that states that those JWs who are depressive and/or suicidal, should not appear before a JC.

Their "help" as usual consisted of "attend the meetings and go on field service" , not one Elder or any JW offered any contructive help or support to me of my family.

Six months on, they decided I was not making progress and got my wife to get me to leave the family home. Later learnt this was they considered me a "spiritual danger" to the family. Had to move to next town and different congregation, even found be a flat to live in.

Even in this new congregation, the Elders were even less helpful, the only "shepherding visit" I got was to "encourage" me to "do more".

It was this totally lack of help and support that hit me, causing me to question what happened to "Jehovahs loving organisation".

It set me on a path of research into the Watchtower, discovering things which by 1999 had me no longer believingwhat they taught, so I stopped attending meetings in August.

I did not receive one visit, phone call, or even invite to Memorial from that moment until September 2001. Two Elders called, I was out but they spoke to my son, who was now living with me. Turned out they were on a campaign to get "inactive ones" back , as their numbers had dropped.
    This angered me by the fact that it showed that all I was, was a number, no interest in my welfare.
    So that decided me to disassociate, that caused my JW wife , who I was separated from at the time, and two JW daughters to stop having any contact with me. Which it has been for the last 8 years. Not even being invited to one of those daughters wedding.

Because of this two of my children who were JWs also disassociated, their mother and sisters don't speak to them either, another three never became JWs at all.

So in their way of thinking and method, it backfired on them, eventually causing them to lose six members.

That is a summary of what "help" from the Elders can do.

• witchtowerwitch
    witchtowerwitch

A big Hi.................to Mr.Flipper and Gordy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!First to Mr.Flipper,thanks for the kind words of support,as i like you too man!And to Gordy,i feel you man,because,first,the elders don't care about anybody in the hall,only their selfish selves!I said earlier,that i was in there for 40 years,from age 5 to 45,so i know what the hell i'm talking about......ok?........I have seen it all in there,and it's not a pretty sight....ok?Next,Gordy...you are so right about them winning the battle against you,but they lost the war,big time when a big chunk of your family members dropped out of the cult...........right?...........Oh yes,they lost a lot,becuase they think others are so afraid,or so stupid,that they won't see their corrupt dealings in the congregation................Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm???????????????????..........Well..........to shore up your point with what happened like that in my case,is this!The ARROGENT ELDERS,BLACKMAILED ME,AND DISFELLOWSHIPED ME 8 DAYS BEFORE MY DAUGHTERS WEDDING WITH DISSFELLOWSHIPMENT,IF I DID NOT COME TO THE HALL TO TALK WITH THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...................OH COURSE,I TOLD THEM ON THE PHONE,WHEN THEY CALLED ME,TO FxxK OFF..............I KNEW SOME OTHER JWS AROUND TOWN,WOULD SEE THE CORRUPTION WITH WHAT THEY DID TO ME.THE ONLY THING IS,I WASN'T SURE IF SOME WOULD BE FROM MY FAMILY,OR JUST NONFAMILY MEMBERS,OR A COMBINATION OF THE TWO..............DO YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENED NEXT,WHEN THE ELDERS THRU ME OUT OF THE HALL??????????????????................IN THE LAST 15 YEARS RIGHT UP UNTIL THIS VERY DAY.........................................37 JW FAMILIES LEFT THE HALL OVER MY CASE.........WOW...........UP TO ABOUT 250 TO 300 PEOPLE,AND STILL COUNTING MORE CASUALTIES,AS WE SPEAK,OF THEIR LITTLE PRIVATE WAR WITH ME............NICE HUH????????????????????????????????????????????..........YEAH.................REAL SWEET HUH..........JUST AS WHEN THEY THOUGHT,WE SHOWED HIM............RIGHT?..............THEY LOST BIG TIME JWS........MABEY THE SIZE OF 2 OR 3 CONGERGATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WOW!WHAT IDIOTS.............FOR YOU SEE,I REALLY WON AGAINST THEM,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,FOR NOT BEING RIGHTEOUS CHRISTIANS,WITH LOVE AND REAL JUSTICE,MERCY,AND FORGIVENESS IN THEIR HEARTS............................MANY JWS JUST WALKED OUT OF THE KINGDOM HALL,JUST LIKE I DID,AND NEVER WHEN BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You have heard the saying.............when you win you lose.............I'm laughing large now....The toxic elders,started a cancer with me,and it spead to the rest of the body,ha,ha,ha..................Now big boys...............how do you feel about about 300 people leaving your little shop of horrors?????????????????????.........................Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm??????????????????

• lancelink
    lancelink

Domestic violence should be reported to the police, not the elders who's primary goal is protecting a group image rather than life and limb of the individual.

very neat comment !

Once there was a sister in my hall who had an abusive husband, One evening he pushed her right thru a storm door !

She called the elders instead of the police

They are divorced now, and their whole family is majorly F****d up !

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I want to tell you a true story but will not give full details to protect my identity. I think I told it a few years ago on this board but can not find it.There once was a brother and sister married to each other. She begged repeatedly for help from the elders over their situation. It was never forthcoming. She started getting attention from a worldy man at work. The obvious happened. She confessed to the elders. So the question is "How long did it take them to show attention now and form a judicial committee and meet with her

a) Took them forever still -like it did with the couples problem

b) It took them a few weeks but they eventually got around to it

c) So fu----g fast it could be clocked with an egg timer

ANSWERS PLEASE

• DrJohnStMark
    DrJohnStMark

Some fifteen years ago the elders did ignore me when I had back problems and could hardly get out of my apartment for a few months. Then I was disappointed, today I might thank them for that (if nothing else). Perhaps they felt I would become trouble (and I certainly did), because I had already quitted pioneering for not accomplishing the goals, and those who have 'lost privileges' (like my father earlier had) are in any case treated like second-class JW's in the congregation, which had been very hard for me to notice. In any case, those months finally broke the mind control.

• Joshnaz
    Joshnaz

When I was 17 my parents retired and moved to Florida, I stayed in Massachusetts where I grew up. I was struggling to stay on my own, make all the meetings, and work as much as I can to survive by myself. I made every meeting I could, and went out in service 8-10 hours a week. My truck I was driving blew the clutch but I just kept driving it, grinding the gears down the street to make it to the meetings. I tried so hard and the elders stripped me of my "privleges" for not getting enough hours in service. I was just barely paying my bills, but food was a luxery. My truck needed repairs, and I missed a couple meetings when I was repairing it in my driveway. I asked the Elders for a ride to the Kingdom Hall and they said, "You'll have to give me gas money". I said, "Are you kidding?" They just looked at me and said, "If you can't live on your own you should have moved with your parents." So yeah I can agree that I was ignored when I needed there help.

• White Dove
    White Dove

My grandfather is an elder and is very good. He doesn't like what he sees happening, either, but my gramma wants him to stay an elder so she can be an elderette.

• smiddy
    smiddy

MY BLOODY OATH But ,hey that was the best thing that could have happened to us,because it gave us a chance to sit back and analyze what it was all about..We had a family crisis that was devastating to us and was known to all in surrounding congs. ,and I approached a couple of elders to get a meeting with a c.o. who was due to visit our cong.in a couple of weeks.The reply I got was the c.o. doesn`t get involved in personal problems,however you could put your name down to work with him in the field service,and bring it up with him their.... JESUS CHRIST!!!Have they no empathy?! ! !???Our family were treated like lepers.....It`s true, when a crisis strikes you find out who your freinds are.....In hindsight it was the best outcome

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit