Did the elders ignore you when you need their help?

by asilentone 44 Replies latest jw experiences

• asilentone
  • JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

The presiding overseer (or whatever the hell they call it these days) knows my Dad. My father lives a couple of hours away.

But when my father got sick, did this elder ever visit him, or at the very least, give him a phone call? Nope. He basically said to me, "Keep warm and well-fed."

The thing that is obviously important to him is his local prominence and sucking up to the district and circuit overseers.

But what else should I expect in an organization that doesn't treat people's physical needs (i.e., charity) as of any importance.

• trueblue
    trueblue

I told an elder that my brother was in trouble and needed help. He told me that he will give my brother a call.

He did not call my brother and my brother committed suicide.

• asilentone
    asilentone

thats awful, TrueBlue.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

trueblue thats terrible!!!

I have told many elders that matt 24v35 onwards is forgotten TOO easily, and yet Jesus said them words for a good reason. Elders are double accountable, they will pay for doing such things. Im so sorry for your brother and you too.

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

Yep on several occasions.

• jambon1
    jambon1

Yes. They ignored me & I was glad they did. Too many people moan about stuff like this. I couldn't see any of them far enough myself. Why would you want to be bothered by these characters, knowing that you will just get the same spiel & chat from them.

• Tristram
    Tristram

When you really, really, really need some help or guidance, you may get a shepherding call once. They may be fairly sincere in seeming like they want to help. However, if the problem persists, most will throw up their hands as if they've done all they can do and walk away.

However, if you have violated the most minute JW letter of the law, you will be pounced on by a pitbull who will not let go until the smallest detail of your infraction is uncovered and exposed.

Speaking from personal experience. I am sympathetic to a point with them as they are run ragged by the organization and can simply do so much to the point of exhaustion. Whenever the topic of "elders" is addressed in a publication or at the meeting, though, the emphasis is always placed on "shepherding the flock." There is very little of that, but a lot of policing.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

shepherding? We had thought they didnt do that anymore....people have said it still exists but NEVER ever have we had one, and we have asked in the past. Dont bother now...Jehovah provides.

• Robdar
    Robdar

No, the elders never ignored me when I needed help. Nobody in my cong did. I was in that congregation for years and I loved them all. I still do. When I go to my hometown on vacation and run into one of the members, we are still friendly. Sadly, many in my congregation have passed on without ever seeing the new system.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit