Did the elders ignore you when you need their help?

by asilentone 44 Replies latest jw experiences

• whatistruth
    whatistruth

the only training elders have is how to clean a shitty toilet bowl

• witchtowerwitch
    witchtowerwitch

Hi again..................i'll be on here a lot,because i have a lot to say about the elders..............Stay tuned to the witchtowerwitch hour,for more goodies on the deceit and the truth about truth.New light about the elders................they now are appointed with the same powers as the 144,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..............If they judge,or make decisions,it's as if God himself has done just so.Yes elders are not trained to do anything right,and their is a lot of punishing,and secret trials over someones wrong doing,but they have no professional schooling,no hospital,no pharmacies,no rehabilitation centers,no legal right to punish on hear saying,no right to withhold information from the police,if a rape or child sex crime was commited,and no right to shun someone baptized before 1985,when the vows for baptizm were changed,and no right to threaten individuals in their congregations,or their families for going to the public for help in anyway.For some reason,these people feel that they are above questioning on anything,or HQ is above questioning too.Question is??????????????.........................................Who in the hell do these people think they are?????????????????All have sinned and fallin short of the glory of God,including the elders,and HQ.What right do they have to change one punctuation mark,or any words in the bible?HQ put the Lords name back in.in 7000 places,or something like that,but the point is this.If Jehovah preserved his word to the end of the world,why do these people need to tweek the word,or make a lot of corrections in the bible?Is God too stupid to do it on his own?Does he need sinners to edit his perfect word?????????????????????????Makes me laugh large.................God can make a perfect universe,Billions of galaxies,with Billions of stars in each one of them,but he can't deliver a simple book to us guys and girls down here???????????????????????????????????/Hummmmmmmmmmmmmm????????????

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Did they? U have got to be kidding?!? MOst elders I knew were quick to get behind th podium or work on a quick build to count hours, but very slow to respond to the needs of the flock. I do mean most, there are some who are sincere, if not misled

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

My dad, who lives in New Zealand, is in his 80s and very il, these elders 1 who is a relative in the congr hardly ever visit him, and if they do it's only to do with a problem that my parents are having with another member of the congr. never visited until problem arose.

I have only ever been aproached by an elder once to give support when I had cancer many years ago, I always managed to stay under the radar, I believe that the elders considered me to be to much bother so I was once told by a friend. Never asked anything from & never expected to be contacted by them, managed to keep my double life a secret. Now I don't care.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They actually created more problems. In fact, they were so efficient and reliable at creating new problems and worsening existing ones that I never bothered going to them.

• cognac
    cognac

Aude - That was extremely well said and I really appreciated your comment.

• Quandry
    Quandry

No, they didn't ignore us. I was just talking with my husband about this.

Several years ago, when he was still an elder, he began having health problems. He was in his fifties and was having tests that determined he was diabetic, had high blood pressure, and cancerous polyps in his colon, and blood in his urine. Needless to say, while all of this testing was going on, he was taking different medications, barium for tests, blood sugar tests, etc.

Some of the tests had to be preceded by a day of "colon cleansing" and/or fasting. Others made him weak. New medications made him so dizzy he fell at home.

During these tests he had to miss some meetings. He was the WT study conductor. The other elders took him into the back room, and to show their concern, told him some in the congregation were feeling he wasnt' "handling his illness correctly."

How does one "handle an illness?" I suppose you schedule being sick exclusively on non-meeting days!!!

Now he had to add depression to the list of illnesses at the thought that instead of companions coming to "bolster him up" in his time of need, they wanted him to feel guilty and lacking because he could no longer be run ragged attending to everything in the congregation as he formerly had been. What a bunch of B@$t@*%$!!!!

• White Dove
    White Dove

Yes, they did! That's why I'm not there anymore. I saw thier Pharisical behavior and lack of love.

• sspo
    sspo

Served for 29 years and was an elders for 21 and tried to help the friends the best i could, phisycally, financially and spiritually

so did the others that i served with in many different congregations.

I have no respect for the GB and the watchtower since i feel it's a cult but many of you guys on this board need to learn

that not everyone in the organnization, especially elders, are pricks and have bad and selfish motives.

Keep in mind all are brainwashed and subject to the GB and it's strong arm and all of us were "them" not long ago.

• witchtowerwitch
    witchtowerwitch

Excuse me jw sympathizers,but i was polishing a seat with my ass at the hall,because i never bought all of the bull shit in their ok?And the elders and HQ both are very responsible for their teachings and their actions.False sheppards,and super fine apostles,and blind guides are what they are.............................................They of all people know all of the lives that they have ruined.Are you kidding me???????????????They know that they are teaching a bunch of lies,it is just that they talk themselves into beleiving that they have the truth.To explain this..............lets look at what the governing body has taught for almost 100 years.........First,the temple was cleansed in 1919,then the faithfull and discreet slave in that year onward,was given all of Jesus belongings,,,,,,,,,,, right?So from today in 2009,if a witness were to go back in time 10 or 20 years ,or all the way back to 1919,and teach those older watchtower teachings,they would be disfellowshiped for apostacy,,,,,,,,,,,right?So the big question is this??????????????????????........................................DID JESUS GIVE THE WRONG BELONGINGS,THE WRONG INFORMATION TO THE SLAVE FOR THE LAST 100 YEARS???????????????????????................Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm????????????????And their is only about 12 know-it-alls,sitting on the watchtower throne,give or take a few seats in the last 100 years,makiing all of the decisions for everyone else in the cult.Another big question is this??????????????????????????????????.........................IF THEIR ARE ABOUT 8,500 ANOINTED PARTAKERS ON THE SEEN NOW,ALL OVER THE WORLD.............................................(WHY DOES ONLY 12 OF THEM CALL ALL OF THE SHOTS?)...............DO SIMPLE MATH,8,500 - 12 = 8488 BIG BOYS WHO AREN'T ALLOWED TO VOTE ON THEIR LIES AT ALL,AND FEW IF NONE OF THEM HAVE NEVER SEEN THE 12 UP IN NEW YORKS HQS,LET ALONE,SHAKE THEIR HAND,EVEN ONCE???????????????????????????????????????????.............HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM????...The bible says,those taking the lead will receive 2 the judgement over all of the others!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Your loving witchtowerwitch signing off for now!Oh armaggeddon,was supposed to come in 1914,1915,1925 1940,1941,1955,1975,1986,2000,2005 2034?????????????Will the real armaggeddon please stand up?Why does the big 12 put dates on Jevovah's time to bring the end?When the bible clearly states in John 14:28...........no one knows the hour,not even our lord Jesus,or anyone on earth.....................................But 12 know it alls,they know more than Jesus,..............right?And what happened to the 1914 generation,that would not die off before 2000???????????.............Answer..............because by now they are all dead,...............right?Was it as the masthead said on the inside cover of the watchtower and awake magizine,that it was (THE CREATORS PROMISE????????????,......JEHOVAH'S PROPHETIC WORD????????????????????)................HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?..........I HAVE NEWS FOR ALL OF YOU..................JEHOVAH DIDN'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THOSE FALSE DATES...................!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit