I remember thinking 'why would I want anyone to change from being in the world to a JW?'

by jambon1 41 Replies latest jw friends

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

eH?? you eaten something? Yes im being serious..if WE, ones on here who dont want to listen to stupidity, had stuck together then things wouldnt have been wrong within the cong....Im meaning us victims here.

Think you should go and have a word with yourself and LISTEN to whats being said before jumping to WRONG conclusions!!

• jambon1
    jambon1

But why is it sad we aren't there any more? We don't want to be there.

Sorry if I misunderstood you.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

The cong should be full of all you loving ones, and it breaks my heart when i attend the meetings and see some who arent loving,and think that its ones like them that push or stumble others. Im not saying thats the only reason people leave, im just angered that these ones are there Grrrr and you and others arent. Us hurt ones should be sticking together.... thats all im tryng to say babes...sorry if it came across wrong.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

its sad alot of you on here arent there anymore, if we all were united and stuck to our guns(so to speak) things wouldnt have got so bad...but sadly too many rotten apples,weeds,suffercate the wheat like ones.

AE..

There are some days you,make me shake my head..

People who go against the WBT$..

Get tossed out..

Playing with the kids..

And..

Wishing things were Better,will never change that..

Ever..

..............................OUTLAW

• carla
    carla

"I had seen how the WTS could take people who were previously happy-go-lucky folk (like I was), and do something to them. Turn them into paranoid, negative, depressing individuals." ---- Amen to that!

There are 'good' people in the congs? so what? there are good people everywhere and in every org! I'm sure people who were in the SS could tell you there were some fine people there too and there probably was except the fact they followed an org that likes to kill people who are not like them and don't think like them. oh wait, that describes some other group I can think of too! but hey, some of the SS had to be nice guys some of the time does it matter that the group they belonged to was completely immoral?

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread
    Yes. It's all good if you have the mental capacity of a child and can't think for yourself.

Nice way to attract lurkers.

Judge Dread

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Nice way to attract lurkers.

Judge Dread

Well, is it true, or not true? Some people have been so stripped of critical thought that they can suffer no rational criticism of their beliefs. Angel eyes is a perfect example of someone who has relenquished their critical thinking ability, and, therefore, the gift of intellectual freedom. At that point, what do you have? What are you? How much is life worth, when you've given up your ability to think for yourself?

I respect people who hold religious beliefs, but it's hard to respect those who cannot analyze their own beliefs critically. Is there any excuse for cowardice?

• linp24
    linp24

Jambon's main point was that she noticed that "wordly people" seemed content and happy with their lives. So she felt conflicted about trying to draw them into this high control cult that would result in their losing their for the most part carefree lives and becoming unhappy robots. She was wondering if others also felt conflicted in that way.

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread
    I respect people who hold religious beliefs, but it's hard to respect those who cannot analyze their own beliefs critically. Is there any excuse for cowardice?

Do you, or have you analyzed your CURRENT beliefs?

Judge Dread

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Do you, or have you analyzed your CURRENT beliefs?

Judge Dread

Yes, I do so quite often. Almost continually, in fact, since I'm always on a search for meaning. Is your question meant as an attempt to dismiss my point?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit