JWs: Dress Like a Nerd. You'll arouse "curiosity" per Oct, 2009 KM

by Open mind 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Open mind
    Open mind

On this week's Service Meeting there's a Q&A for an article about Informal Witnessing (tm). The second paragraph recommends dressing modestly at all times so you're ready to witness at a moment's notice. It even says that your neat & clean appearance may arouse "curiosity".

My wife & I got quite a chuckle out of that one.

Anyone else catch this?

om

• sir82
    sir82

"Pardon me, but I couldn't help wondering, I thought only Richard Nixon wore wingtips on the beach?"

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

So we are supposed to be waiting at all times for the opportunity to enlarge the Washtowel Babble and Crap Slaveholdery? I suppose next you are supposed to wear full suit dress up to just cross the street or to take out the trash--you never know if that might get someone interested in the cancer and to become the next embellished experience at the next Grand Boasting Session. Like they are going to get baptized because you dressed up in a suit just to take out the trash.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

HEY, I couldn't help but notice how nerdy you are. Why is that? I mean, what's up with you?
    Oh yeah, nerd uniforms attract many people to the WTS religion.

It's more of a way to make the member feel important- on a mission from God.

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

HAHAHAHA! my mom used to ALWAYS be in my ear about 'dressing modestly' so that I didn't draw unnecessary attention to myself. Well let's see here: I'm almost 6ft tall, thin, long hair, and 'busty'....yeah....NOT gonna get any attention there! :-(

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Yeah uh, I really get aroused by uh, nerds...

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I'm almost 6ft tall, thin, long hair, and 'busty'....yeah....NOT gonna get any attention there!

Photo please. C'mon people.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    HAHAHAHA! my mom used to ALWAYS be in my ear about 'dressing modestly' so that I didn't draw unnecessary attention to myself. Well let's see here: I'm almost 6ft tall, thin, long hair, and 'busty'....yeah....NOT gonna get any attention there! :-(

Pics or it isn't true.

• Quirky1
  • Peaches1978
    Peaches1978

what's next tell them what kind of under wear is appriate. sister no more victoria's secreat.... for that they might of well wear burka's.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit