JWs: Dress Like a Nerd. You'll arouse "curiosity" per Oct, 2009 KM

by Open mind 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist
    Why else do you think a JC always asks a sistah who has been raped or committed fornication if she wore a thong?

Really? Never heard that one.

I think that they could probably cause more commotion by dressing IMMODESTLY... Especially the sisters. LoL. The brothers... well... that'd just be a little creepy. Hmmm... Double standard...

• stillin9
    stillin9

LOL...Good to know I wasn't the only one who was laughing his ass off at the service meeting last week!

"Dressing modesty might arouse curiosity"

Right!

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

John the baptist wore animals skins and ate locusts. God works through eccentrics.

• ufo1
    ufo1

Arouse curiosity, yet don’t draw attention to yourself? I can see how that all fits together.

Anyway, I know that when I see people dressed differently my first thought is “what are their religious beliefs”.

Babygirl30 – WOW!

• civicsi00
    civicsi00
    I immediately thought of Losch's comments regarding being able to spot the JWs in a movie ticket line.

It's funny you say this because now that I'm out, it's almost too easy to spot a JW out in public. Did we really look that strange???

• crazycate
    crazycate

A householder once asked me, "Do JWs have to dress the same, and all in black?" So then I noticed, all the women were wearing long black skirts and long black coats. Being a witness was great training for a life of frumpdom.

Cate

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Why not wear their Discrap Crapvention name badges all year? That would arouse curiousity.

"Really Babygirl30, I was only trying to read your badge. I wasn't staring at your, er, chestal equipment."

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

I wouldn't call it modest, I'd call it sinister! Recently a father and son pair came to our door on a rare Saturday I wasn't working. They had on suits and ties on a hot day, carried briefcases and looked like police detectives. Nobody would feel comfortable opening their door to these scary looking characters! They may well have been nice guys, but they need to way scale it down to put people at ease. They're so stuck in the 1950's. Plus, when you wear hot suits on a hot day, people think you must be dumb as dirt and aren't too interested in whatever you have to say. Just a simple concept Crooklyn hasn't figured out yet.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Yeah, so what is with the trenchcoats anyway?

Nothing modest about those.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit