Do you still want to live forever?

by paul from cleveland 25 Replies latest jw friends

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland

Do you still have the desire to live forever on a paradise earth?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Sure... why not.

Keep in mind that forever is a very long time. Statistically speaking, within an infinite period of time, everything that can happen will happen.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Couldn't imagine liviing till "infinity" years old . . . the way my left knee, right toe, back, right hip, neck, shoulders are killing now . . .

Oh, I forgot, all the pain "will be no more" . . . still wouldn't want to do it.

• Prov1320
    Prov1320

That also means that if we all lived forever everyone is guaranteed to win the lottery at some point. What would be the fun in that??? lol

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

If the frame of reference is the JW version of a paradise earth, with those living being a tiny minority of survivors to the billions of men, women, and children that YHWH murdered, then the answer is no. I would prefer to be among the remains that surviving Jehovah's Witnesses will have to shovel and bury somewhere.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If there is some kind of living forever, I am okay with that.
    But I don't expect that there is such a thing.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I doubt if I qualify for it anymore, so no sense thinking about it.

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland

Regardless of the logic or possibility, I still have a strong desire to live forever on a paradise earth. The idea is so ingrained in my mind I can't give it up.

As Woody Allen said, "I don't want to gain immortality through my work; I want to gain immortality through not dying."

• choosing life
    choosing life

Living forever sounds pretty good to me. Of course, there would have to be some preconditions. I would want to be young and totally healthy too.

The problem with all of that is that physical bodies don't last forever or stay young and healthy. It goes against all the laws of the physical world.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

as long as there isn't a DMV forever

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit