Do you still want to live forever?

by paul from cleveland 25 Replies latest jw friends

• chickpea
    chickpea

to have some level of eternal consciousness?
    well sure i WANT that... but i cannot waste this CERTAIN
    life worrying about it based on a hope, a wish, or the
    cultural mythology of an ancient nomadic desert population...

• Beachwalker
    Beachwalker

Sure, I'd like to live forever on a paradise earth. But under my conditions! As my mother always said, why you would you want to live forever with this lot!!!

Beachwalker

• DJK
    DJK

If there are diapers involved, give me a gun before I forget how to use it!!

• darthfader
    darthfader

Live forever... yeah! But it isn’t real and wishing for some fantasy land doesn’t make it so.

I have always wondered what we would be doing on earth 1 billion years from now. We would have met everyone on the earth, learned countless professions, visited the most distant parts of the world, etc. I guess we would just sit around staring at the ever changing stars, wondering what constellations god would make for us next. It’s kind of arrogant to think that god would sustain/freeze the earth and sun and all the planets not to mention the Milky Way Galaxy and its neighboring galaxies, because, after 1 billion years, a lot can change from the galactic perspective. It was after contemplating these things and others, (like the great flood and the Exodus) I decided that these bible stories were just that... Stories... It was the only way a primitive culture could describe their world view and because there is ambiguity within its framework, cults and other "religious" groups will rise up over time and try to adopt it and use it for control, ultimately distorting it making it further unrealistic.

Wow, what a cynical and depressing paragraph.

Darth Fader

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I also want a checking account that never runs dry.

Superhuman vision.

The ability to fly.

An unlimited supply of fresh draft beer from Belgium and Germany.

However, as new member of the Reality-Based Community, I've chosen to spend my energies focusing on more realistic goals.

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

I only want to live until the sun burns up, it would be way to cold after that.

elder-schmelder

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit