Do you still want to live forever?

by paul from cleveland 25 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Not and have the opposite sex's lives polluted with my existence--or having to just be around men and nothing else. And I do not want to live forever where everything I do is what the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger tells me to. There is no sense in living--let alone forever--if everything I care about is either driven away, missing, or off limits to me.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

well I guess that whatever comes down I guess I wil agree. As long as it's Devine

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

No. In fact one important moment of my "exit" from the WT was when I realised I never did.

P.S. Woody Allen also said: "Eternity is a very long time, especially towards the end."

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I kinda like being alive.

Yeah. But it doesn't have to be here on earth in this body. I like the idea of going on and not ending. But not under the circumstances of the earth the way it is now. I've read a lot of interesting ideas and concepts of what we move on to beyond here. Some of them sound pretty good. I don't believe it all ends with the death of the body.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    "Eternity is a very long time, especially towards the end."

Except in eternity, there is no end. With eternity, there is a lot more now. God lives outside of time, so it's been said. I'd like to live outside of time.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Do you still want to live forever?

What's the alternative?

Do you still have the desire to live forever on a paradise earth?

It is clear the WT nirvana "paradise earth" is a mirage, just like the other WT claims.

Personally, I am looking forward to the new Jerusalem Revelation 3:12 Revelation 21:2

Interesting how the WT draw focus away from the actual name of the city and even the description of the "new earth" Isaiah 65:17 Isaiah 66:22 2 Peter 3:13 Revelation 21:1

They bewitch (Galatians 3) those who listen to their "paradise earth", "earthly hope" and "new system of things".

I think it is safe to say in thenew label of thingsā„¢ the WT not only distance themselves from the bible and Christ.

He brings hope, not only in this life but the next.

John 10:10 (New International Version)

10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

All the best,

Stephen

• lifelong humanist
    lifelong humanist

paul from cleveland

To me, this fable is probably the most ridiculous JW belief of all time, closely followed by the belief that there is going to be a resurrection for millions of people back to this earth!

Nothing lives forever, or ever will. This is how all living things have evolved over countless billions of years. All mechanical body parts wear out, sooner or later. Teeth wear down and eventually fall out - they don't regrow. Eyesight fails, etc. Having said that, modern medical advances have prolonged our lifespan in many of the worl'd more affluent countries, enabling more people to live for longer with a relatively high quality of life. Maybe, our lifespan can go up a few decades, but not forever!

Even the inanimate planet itself is wearing away, and is constantly being reformed and reshaped by earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, tectonic plate movements, etc.

I like things this way because it has always been this way, and always will. Of course, this doesn't mean we shouldn't do what we can to preserve our environment. We all have a moral responsibility to leave the earth at least as good, if not better, than we found it, for when our time to die comes along, we hopefully can leave something worthwhile for the next generation. In that way, our lives can live on, so to speak, forever.

lifelong humanist

lifelong humanist

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I was never going to live forever. I was never 'good' enough.

The carrot was unattainable and the stick wasn't big enough.

• blondie
    blondie

Not in the WTS.

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

In a WT dictatorship system where you are told what to do, when to do it and how to do it .... NO. Seriuosly, honestly.

If JWs would take over anyhow miraculously tomorrow government over the Earth ... I want to die on that moment.

Albert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit