How Do We Help JWs Who Come To This Site?

by minimus 50 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Since many exjws are hurt, angry and depressed, I think it's very difficult to deal with JWs that might come on board who refuse to listen to any reason. It's a game of patience for everyone involved.

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

Only the people who want to be here will. I gave this website to my ACTIVE Grandmother, and her comment was that this site is full of whiny little kids who complain about what they missed out on in the TRUTH.

elder-schmelder

• minimus
    minimus

Elder, I could see why she'd say that.

• yknot
    yknot

So I guess in that case we should look at each poster as someone who is on their own personal journey and who are we to judge other than offering assistance instead of being the first ones to shove them off the board.

• minimus
    minimus

Yes, yknot but that's very hard to do.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

ynot you hit the nail on the head everytime babe......xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• cantleave
    cantleave

Just remember how powerful the WT dehumanisation program is. Don't be angry with a defender of the "Troof", feel sorry for them. Try and help them to reason for themselves. Don't berate their posts or comments. It is hard leaving the WTS as you all know, this board should help take some of the pain out it not add to it.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

make it easy for them to open up and tell their story....if they are attacked they then wont ever be able to and will have to keep it bottled up, not good if someone isnt strong enough.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    Not stomp on them for still being brainwashed or an apologetic troll?
    Since many exjws are hurt, angry and depressed, I think it's very difficult to deal with JWs that might come on board who refuse to listen to any reason. It's a game of patience for everyone involved.
    So I guess in that case we should look at each poster as someone who is on their own personal journey and who are we to judge other than offering assistance instead of being the first ones to shove them off the board.

Why does this feel like the end of a South Park episode where Kyle talks and everyone learns their lesson? lol...

In all seriousness, I couldn't agree more with Yknot. That isn't a guess, everyone IS on their own journey. Individuals need to be treated as such, and we need to see JW's who come here as potential individuals, not evil borgbots.

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

Ok I won't spank AE unless she asks very nicely.

Well put ATJ. Also we should note the transition from borgbot is a gradual process with the occasional relapse events.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit