How Do We Help JWs Who Come To This Site?

by minimus 50 Replies latest jw friends

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I think we can help most JW's by first of all, recognizing the possibilities and limitations of this forum. (these are all just opinions of mine)

We are all going to be individuals, and while we should be concerned to a certain point about coming across as too heavy or angry, neither should we shy away from tactfully telling like it is....

Secondly, realize that not everyone who is a JW is for the same reason. Some were born ins (like me) others converted. There are some who are definitely on the wrong side of stable, but most aren't mentally unbalanced, just extremely tired and burnt out, perhaps hurt... perhaps embarrassed.

Keeping that in mind, it is impossible to say what someone needs in the way of help. So we all can offer what comes natrually. For me, I am bad at cyber hugs... (((hugs to all!))) But I know the GB bullshit better then many. I know that they really are JUST men.

I think its good to realize that the reasons you left may not be the reasons others want to leave. I think for those of us who have been out for a few years, the best example we can set is to deal with our anger to the extent we can. Because you know there are going to be some who will want to bash in some attached drywall as they learn about the lies.....

For me, the one mission I have on this board is to affirm to each person their path, regardless of whether it is theistic, atheistic, etc. That doesn't matter to me anymore. I don't judge. I do think its better to have made up your mind on such matters on your own than being in the control of a cult. At the end of the day, the most important thing is to provide a place where, if people want to be honest, they can see things as they are, and then decide whether to go or stay, and what the next step is.....

Love you all! :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit