How many XJWs went onto another faith....?

by 2pink 30 Replies latest jw friends

• 2pink
    2pink

i'm just curious here.

as i am exiting currently and trying to find my new place (and belief system) in this world, i am wondering what the experience was like for other XJWs. did you go onto a new faith? if so, which one and why? if not, why not?

i'd love to read your responses. thanks for reading!

• shamus100
    shamus100

Good evening,

I decided that all religion was complete bullshit once I left the borg. I looked into Buddism briefly, but didn't make a whole lot of sense either.

Happily agnostic now. (a very small step above athiest... as small as you can get)

You'll probably find most are like me, or atheists.

• Gopher
    Gopher

2Pink, I see curiosity about other religions as a point in one's journey out from the JW's. I did examine some religions, as my sister goes to a church and seems happy.

What I decided (for me) is that religion seems to be about a person (or a body of people) telling you what THEIR opinion is about God and what you're supposed to do about it (.... or else???).

After a while, listening to them reminded me of the style (but not the content) of the JW leaders. I had been preached to enough, and also had done enough preaching/witnessing, to last several lifetimes. I don't need it any more.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Welcome to the forum, 2pink.

I fully expected to end up in some small "bible church" or somesuch when I exited; but I never did. I suppose part of the reason was that A) I needed/wanted a break from weekly church of any kind, as I'd gone to the KH my entire life, and B) I'm not much of a joiner.

But maybe the reason I didn't feel the need to be somewhere on Sunday morning, listening to a sermon, is that it didn't take me long to figure out that that just.doesn't.make.sense - to me. Why would God want you to get to know him through some other person? Or a church?

And the answer, of course, is that She wouldn't.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I faded and would pretty much need to stay away from other religions so that my mother doesn't feel a need to shun me.
    Fortunately, as I was fooled once, that ruined me for even looking into other religions.
    I read enough to learn that I am confident the Bible is the words of men.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Nope...I feel claustraphobic when someone tries to tell me what to think.

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

i fellowship with christian millenial fellowship-cmf-occasionaly.sometimes i travel to a no trinity-no hellfire church.

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

I haven't quite ventured out to a proper fade yet, but close. I'm pretty set in my mind that I don't want to be a witness anymore. I have too many questions that cannot be answered and that isn't enough for me to participate and stay active within any religion. I have looked into Agnosticism, and would say that is what I most relate to. I do not think I'll ever attend any other church however.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I always thought I'd join a church.......... I guess, I thought that's just what people do...work all week and go to church on Sunday.

I did go and check out a few different religions/churchs. But never could bring myself to join one. I was afraid they'd start expecting me to be there, and then start asking questions when I wasn't. besides... I never could buy into any of them completely and I never wanted to feel traped again.

Now I feel no need to go and can't even imagine wanting to go........ sitting with a bunch of people that I may or not like...... feeling forced to listen to something I may or not agree with....when given the choice to do anything else I don't think so.

I'm also assuming that by 'faith' you meant 'church'...but I guess it doesn't have to mean the same.

And welcome..

lisa

• whatcanIsay
    whatcanIsay

I joined a similar like minded church SDA but faded away from them as well. They believe Jesus is Jehovah God! I have gone to many churches to see what they believe and what they offer!

No matter what church I have attended they all have false doctrines and are money making organization. Actually, I have found most sermons full of twist and turns that they make the JW look good.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit