How many XJWs went onto another faith....?

by 2pink 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Hi 2Pink, I went on to become a Christian and I make my outreach ministry one to jw's.

• greengopete
    greengopete

After coming out of the WTS, it didn't take me long to figure out that all organized religion is false. None have the real truth! However, the real truth is in the bibles. God controls the understanding of it, and do not ever think that anyone can go around His authority and get it without his approval. There is a requirement that He has, and it is found at: Matthew 22:36-37.

36 "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37 He said to him: "‘You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind.

• carla
    carla

Instead of thinking of jumping into another religion have you considered just reading the bible particularly the New Testament (r & f don't seem to concentrate much on the NT, besides the NT really isn't for the non anointed in dubland) should you consider just reading the bible itself get yourself some other, any other translation than the NWT. I have noticed over the years that many ex jw's are surprised and get a new meaning of things when they read Romans or Galations in their entirety front to back, not jumping here and there. Just a thought.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

I ceased believing in God, though I keep an open mind and enjoying learning about different faiths. When I left the JWs I had a very stressful job and in an effort to find some peace, I started looking into Buddhism. In the Buddhist religion there is no God (the Buddha is not actually a god). It has more in common with psychology than religion. It mostly deals with getting to know yourself and having control of yourself through meditation, which can be compatible with other faiths. If it interests you, I suggest picking up a copy of this book or another by that author.

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

Carla, what is the summary of Galations and Romans that surprises jw's? I would strongly suggest reading a Bible other than the NWT...someone turned me onto the New International Version and it seems interesting. I'm not sure I believe it, but just the fact that the false word "jehovah" isn't in it is definitely a plus.

• Cthulhu
    Cthulhu

I immediately embraced atheism after I finally got the courage to leave that friggin organization. After doing some additional research I did find a philosophy/religion that seems in line with my thinking. It is atheistic. It's completely about the individual and succeeding as such, and it does involve some ritual to vent ones emotions. It goes by a name that quickly scares those not open minded and attracts those not fearful. It is Satanism.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Since leaving the JWs I came to the realization that I could either:

1. Use up the remaining part of my life searching for a "truth" that either doesn't exist or cannot be proven beyond contestation or
    2. Use my time wisely and live life the best way I can.

I chose number 2. If I feel an inclination to go to a church once in a while, I can go where I want when I want. If I choose to read a bible, or any other book, I can do so without someone standing over my shoulder, breathing down my neck, and telling me how it's "interpreted".

In short, I do as I please within the limits of the law and my own personal ethics. I've known many "religious" people who could never truthfully make that claim.

W

• LIftsong
    LIftsong

Totally agree with the sentiment of most people’s thought process here. It really depends on what you deem religion to be. If it is a belief system with a back drop of regimented attention to ritualised detail, be it lumps of marble figures or meetings that become more important in attending than the immediate happiness of those you profess to love, then no I didn’t find an alternative religion, and excuse the pun but thank god! If you deem religion to be about enlightenment to where we fit into this amazing universe and gain the ability to evolve as a person to the greater good and the world around me then yes I did.

• carla
    carla

Awsnap, that's the point of leaving isn't it? to discover for oneself what scripture say instead of relying upon another man/woman to summarize or tell you what it says. Or some would say to allow the Holy Spirit to reveal to you what scripture says. All I know is that I have read it repeatedly that jw's (faders, ex, etc.) are often amazed when they read those two books in particular. I once told my jw this and mistakenly said some jw's have even left the org after reading those two books in the bible (no other man made literature to go along) and his response was, 'why would I want to read them then?' can you imagine?! Tells you how indoctrinated he is I guess.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

the truth is always in your heart.

Peter said "lord where would we go"... and i believe thats because once its in your heart it never really fades, ever.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit