How many XJWs went onto another faith....?

by 2pink 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

I think it's interesting that John 6:60-69 has been used to many times to browbeat people into feeling guilty about leaving...and equally interesting that it's been misquoted so many times that JWs believe Peter meant an organization. The actual scripture reads To WHOM would we go? (i.e. one person, Christ - not WHOM - a religious faith). Personally, I don't believe in either anymore...I agree with Liftsong "if you deem religion to be about enlightenment to where we fit into this amazing universe and gain the ability to evolve as a person to the greater good and the world around me, then yes I did." Eloquently put.

(edited b/c I had so many typos. Good heavens.)

• Charlie Cheddar
    Charlie Cheddar

Finding a new belief system does not necessarily mean you have to find a new faith or religion after leaving the JWs.

In my opinion, the JW religion and the majority of other religions are just a set of rules & instructions based on man's interpretation of a supposed divinely inspired handwritten document.

If you do believe in him, then why not just follow God in your own personal way based on your own knowledge and interpretation?

Personally myself, after i left the JW org i have become agnostic. I have absoloutely no desire to seek out any new belief system or continue in any faith, spiritual or religous matter of any sort.

CC

• chickpea
    chickpea

i am smitten with the
    discoveries of science...
    my new sect is ted.com

• penny2
    penny2

I don't believe in "god" now and I am quite happy not to have a religious belief.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I found Wicca. I am a very happy little witch

• lifelong humanist
    lifelong humanist

2pink

When I was convinced beyond reasonable doubt that there was no god, I was off! I had no need to trawl through the many thousands of religions in an attempt to stumble across some 'truth'. I know that some exit JWs and go to another church immediately - if that's what they want, fine.

After leaving, I spent quite a lot of time reading up on psychology texts and philosophical works as I'd never been exposed to them as a JW, and understood that they were viewed as dangerous, faith eroding material. Funny, how when you read such scholarly works, you come to realize that what you were indoctrinated with in the JWs is just lies and more lies! I had to realize that I wasn't anywhere near as smart as I'd previously thought.

Nowadays, my efforts are spent trying to assist my JW wife come to a similar viewpoint. It is taking much longer than I expected, but I'm determined that, in time, she'll see logic and move on with her life free from the cult. Being locked into a mind-control cult is absolutely hellish - escaping takes 'inside' knowledge - and for that I'm grateful to the advice contained in Stephen Hassan's 2 books.

lifelong humanist

• 2pink
    2pink

thanks for the responses.

i'm certainly not ready for another church now...maybe never.

and by "faith", i didn't necessarily mean religion. i agree there is a huge difference.

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

2pink-never give up the fact that christ died so that we may have eternal life.i believe no religion has "the truth"-but we need to fellowship with lovers of god.

• Robdar
    Robdar

After more than 2 decades out of the org, I became a reform Jew.

Judaism is a very earthy religion. The basic beliefs of Reform Judaism are to be a good and just person, love your life and occasionally throw a good party. If you take care of this life the one to come will take care of itself.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Jh 6:69- says "To whom else shall we go..." NOT "where else shall we go.." as the org would have its members read it as. It is a person, not a place or an org. Peter was quite clear here.

I went onto Atheism for a long time after deciding JWs were not for me. Then I became a Christian 15 years later.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit