To all the newbies: How I've have adapted to life outside the Org

by tooktheredpill 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

Hey ttrp!

Nice to hear from you. I also I am out of the WT loop. I also read the forum all the time. I don't post too frequently, but I want to say hi to everybody!

Newbies you can escape too!

ootb

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

WTWizard said:

However, I am not kidding you--there is one aspect of living outside the cancer that is actually more work. You have to do your own thinking. While you were in, someone else did that for you so you didn't have the extra work of thinking. Now, you have to do that work yourself.

You know, it sounds like a jest, but this is so true. When one is born with a mandatory book of rules and absolute answers, it can take quite a bit of time and research to unravel it all. It is not a comfortable time, to say the least, but it is so very worth it!

• Open mind
    Open mind

C'mon TTRP, there's got to be some weeping & tooth gnashing going on now that you belong to Satan.

Great post and thanks for the update.

om

• cantleave
    cantleave

Great bit of encouragement tooktheredpill, Thanks

• finding my way
    finding my way

Nice to meet you :0) It's so great to hear everyones experiences. I've been craving it for awhile now. I've read Crisis of Conscience and I'm still reading In search of Christian Freedom. I ordered Steve Hassans Combatting cult mind-control 2 days ago upon the recomendation of Flipper. I'll save the expensive one for later... My poor husband can't understand why I would ever spend so much money on books as I have in the last year ;).

WTWizard said: there is one aspect of living outside the cancer that is actually more work. You have to do your own thinking.

This is just one of the things that stood out to me when I visited family for a Funeral this past April/May. One of my sisters was actually trying to encourage me to be reinstated I think...She said as a single mother she found it comforting that she didn't have to think about so many things. She could look up answers to issues from the WAtchtower instead. I kept my thoughts to myself but I thought it was sad that she thought this could pass for a good relationship with God which is what I'm sure she thinks she has.

Open Mind said: there's got to be some weeping & tooth gnashing going on now that you belong to Satan.

Haha It's so funny how they tell us there's nothing out there for us outside of the Watchtower. how we will be attacked by demons and be so lost and unhappy. As soon as I realized I did NOT want to go back to them I became happy and my depression lifted. I really thought I was doomed for the rest of my life to be a depressed person. Oh, and I've never had any demon incidents..

~fmy

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Terrific update TTRP!! It's inspiring.

• startingover
    startingover

Well said! Thanks for the post.

• zarco
    zarco

tooktheredpill and finding my way -

Welcome! May you have continued peace and happiness.

best

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Good to hear from you TTRP!

• tooktheredpill
    tooktheredpill

Thank you guys for your comments!

Heaven commented: I find JWs take any little bit of negativity an blow it out of proportionto prove that they have 'the truth' and that 'they are God's people' and that 'everyone else is bad'.

That is true, Heaven. Although sometimes I feel VERY angry for the mind control that the WT still has over some of my family members, I don't treat any JW unrespectfully. (I'm not DF's or DA'd: I just "dissapeared", and I still see some of my old "friends" sometimes). If you meet with a JW in the street and you sound bitter, "you're an instrument of the Devil". If you say something against the Organization, you're an apostate. They say that the people that "abandon Jehovah's organization" are destined to fail, or will become "unhappy, God haters, hopeless inmorals, tatooed drug-addicts", and so on.

I believe that the best "revenge" we can have against the WT is being HAPPY and positive, no matter how hurt we are.

I think about the positive aspects of my present situation: The WT don't have any control over me now. I'm no longer depressed. I am not spending 1 second of my time or 1 cent of my money in this man-made Organization. I feel like a "normal" human being now.

How many of you feel this way now?

TTRP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit