To all the newbies: How I've have adapted to life outside the Org

by tooktheredpill 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• tooktheredpill
    tooktheredpill

Hello All!

I haven’t been active in the forum for some time, but I keep reading your comments every few weeks. I’ve noticed that there are many new members. Welcome to JWD!!! J

I haven’t been in a meeting since July-Aug of 2008. A lot has changed for me in the last 2-3 years, since I discovered what a fraud this religion was. I used to be an Elder “born in the Truth”™. I believed everything with all my heart. And I tried really hard to comply with all my obligations and “privileges” in the congregation. I used to be depressed a lot, because I was tired and overworked. It really bothered me to see fellow Elders and CO’s more interested in “status” and following rules than helping the congregation at a personal level. Everything changed when I opened my eyes and saw the real truth of this Organization.

Many of you may feel confused and sad when you “disconnect” from the cult, or when you realize that you’ve been deceived your whole life. It’s important that you learn to enjoy your new “mind freedom” and enjoy every minute of your life without remorse. It is not easy at first, but everything improves over time.

In my case, I’ve been reading a lot. Books from Steve Hassan, Rick Cross and other cult experts have been a great help in my recovery. Also, I had the opportunity of meeting Ray Franz and read his books. All the guilt, fear, depression and inadequacy feelings I had as a JW disappeared.

What else I’ve learned during my exit? That there is plenty of good people in the world. Not everyone is a “wordly bad association”. I’ve found new friends that love me without any religious-imposed conditions. People that sincerely care for me and my wife.

Now I have time to have new hobbies. I enjoy making breakfast for my wife every Saturday morning, and staying in bed until noon, without worrying about “preaching”. I can work overtime if required by my employer. I can start a project in my house without thinking that “we have to prepare for the KM School”…

To make the long story short: I’m happier than ever with my life. Do I have a worry-free life now? No. Do I have all the answers to life questions? No. Is there another life after this one? I don’t know! But what I know is that I have the freedom to search for the answers by myself!

Keep learning, studying and THINKING. There is plenty to do and learn in this life.

Carpe Diem!

TTRP

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Your awesome! Thanks TTRP.. I will.

• tryingtoexit
    tryingtoexit

Thank you for those words. Preciate that

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Beautifully said, RedPill! It's good to see you.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Nice to not have to waste your time preaching or going to boasting sessions. Nice to have money that you do not have to put into the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund. Nice to not have to waste your summer vacations on that Grand Boasting Session. Nice to be able to work without having to fit your work around your boasting sessions and field circus.

However, I am not kidding you--there is one aspect of living outside the cancer that is actually more work. You have to do your own thinking. While you were in, someone else did that for you so you didn't have the extra work of thinking. Now, you have to do that work yourself.

• wobble
    wobble

Hey RedPill !!

Good to see you posting, and I am sure your positive thoughts are a real boost to all, not just Newbies. Seize the Day indeed !

That is what I like about being out, do what you damn well like with whoever,whenever, each day is EXCITING . When I was in it was so routine and boring.

I know what the Wiz is saying, but I always did my own thinking,just thought ,as i was born in too, that the W.T had something (wot ?)

In fact it was when they came out with something implying that they would do my thinking for me ,that made me start to fade. I was SO angry, I said to my Wife right there and loud in the K.H "NOBODY does my thinking for me" sadly many who are still in are mentally lazy and are happy to go with the flow, trouble is the flow is raw sewage.

Keep posting and thanks again,

Love

Wobble

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Excellent post.

Thank you for sharing.

lisa

• Nellie
    Nellie

Freedom of thought - one of life's greatest pleasures, privileges and RIGHTS!!!

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

Thanks tooktheredpill.....always interesting to hear.

• Heaven
    Heaven

To make the long story short: I’m happier than ever with my life. Do I have a worry-free life now? No. Do I have all the answers to life questions? No. Is there another life after this one? I don’t know! But what I know is that I have the freedom to search for the answers by myself!

tooktheredpill.... thank you for this. I find JWs take any little bit of negativity a blow it out of proportion to prove that they have 'the truth' and that 'they are God's people' and that 'everyone else is bad'. No one has all the answers but to live in fear and to be incapable of thinking for yourself are 2 products of the WTS that are causing destruction in peoples' lives. They haven't served up the kool-aid yet, but they sure are slowly poisoning their members.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit