Time To Vent Part 1

by tryingtoexit 27 Replies latest jw friends

• tryingtoexit
    tryingtoexit

^^ LOL! Yeah those shows be good, I'm telling you, I havent watched Ghost Hunters in a while, but the alien show I DVR'd it, and I be watching Monsterquest, lol.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Must have suit jacket buttoned if on stage (really dont have to worry about this one anymore, but it's still stupid)

That was one of the stupidest ones for me, as well. I had to have it buttoned to carry the microphone, too.

None of the things you mentioned are biblical in the least. They are just the whim of whichever elder was trying to enforce it, under the guise of some completely unrelated scripture.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

just read this thread..

Men can not have sideburns passed the ear lobe. - WTF? IS this true or you jesting????

Women can NOT have their legs exposed in the summer time, must wear stockings. I dont wear tights or anything on my legs in the summer!! its way too hot....is this an old thing?

Men can NOT have beards or goatee's, not even lightly/nicely trimmed ones WOT!!! my hubby has a goatee.

Must have suit jacket buttoned if on stage (really dont have to worry about this one anymore, but it's still stupid) AY????

Are you joking when you say this??? I really would like to know because i will definately talk to my elders....my husband has a goatee and no one has said a word and he has priviledges!!! so i really want to have answers, if its not a joke??

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

AE, Are you seriously a JW? You seem so naive to WT policy

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

Yh i am jw BUT i never heard these things over here..well not since i been in and ive been in 12years!!!

I have to ask because i cant believe some of the things and i know some wouldnt lie so I always check first incase its a joke and then i'll speak with my elders...i honestly am gob smacked!!!!!! shocked....it doesnt make sense that its one rule for one place and another for another...

Maybe im seeing the jw in a diff light?? Hmmmmmmmmm its good im starting to question though...?? isnt it?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I will add this...for the most part KH's do not allow 'sisters' to wear pants. However, the cong in Rapid City, South Dakota does. Yes AE and everyone else I am serious. However the some of the neighboring congs do not. This is current info as of about 2 years ago, so if it has changed since I do not know.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

TBH the tights/stockings thing is definitely a US thing when I visited the States some years ago all the hottest sisters were wearing these really groovy suntanned tights/stockings, where as sisters in the UK all go bare legged it's the only exception though

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

thankyou..... Im willing to definately question things that seem amiss. Cheers

• White Dove
    White Dove

It's not a joke. All of that was strictly enforced in all of the congregations I've been in in the last 40 years (WA, OR, TN, NC, DE). It can depend on region and Kingdom Hall politics within the BOE there. Some are more strict than others. For example: My grandfather is an elder (he tried to step aside for illness but they wouldn't let him) and they counseled him about wearing his bolo/string tie from Arizona. He lives in central Oregon. They also counseled him on his moustache. He has the same one that the guy on Gone with the Wind had.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I must come from lenient congregation no of those "principles" apply.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit