Time To Vent Part 1

by tryingtoexit 27 Replies latest jw friends

• tryingtoexit
    tryingtoexit

Nother thing that's gonna be hard for me during my fade. Is all the stupid rules. Things I never questioned, but now that I'm more knowledgable about this cult, I hate on these non bible based rules.

They use the nice word "principles" but we all know what they really mean

Men can not have sideburns passed the ear lobe. - WTF?

Women can NOT have their legs exposed in the summer time, must wear stockings.

Men can NOT have beards or goatee's, not even lightly/nicely trimmed ones

Must have suit jacket buttoned if on stage (really dont have to worry about this one anymore, but it's still stupid)

Why do we have meetings where we only speak on the prepared "food" and everyone is forced to comment on how beneficial this spiritual food is? No one can ask how the food was prepared, is it safe, why this particular meal, no one can bring their own dishes of food for thought, or you'll be ignored.

Must bring broom and dust pan to assemblies or they use the guilt thing on you.

I'm just tired of da bull shit rules, I think the more prepared I get for my exit, the angrier I become at everyone and everything in the organization. Is this normal, last year I felt bad if I wasnt in the mood to speak to somebody, like I had a problem or something, now I wanna beat one of the elder's ass for no reason if they just look at me. LOL! I don't know, maybe I'm buggin...

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hello TTE,

Anger is not ungodly or a sin, Jesus showed the emotion once or twice. Just bear in mind verse 4.

Some great WT related verses in this Psalm :)

Psalm 4
    For the director of music. With stringed instruments. A psalm of David.
    1 Answer me when I call to you,
    O my righteous God.
    Give me relief from my distress;
    be merciful to me and hear my prayer.

2 How long, O men, will you turn my glory into shame ?
    How long will you love delusions and seek false gods ?
    Selah

3 Know that the LORD has set apart the godly for himself;
    the LORD will hear when I call to him.

4 In your anger do not sin;
    when you are on your beds,
    search your hearts and be silent.
    Selah

5 Offer right sacrifices
    and trust in the LORD.

6 Many are asking, "Who can show us any good?"
    Let the light of your face shine upon us, O LORD.

7 You have filled my heart with greater joy
    than when their grain and new wine abound.

8 I will lie down and sleep in peace,
    for you alone, O LORD,
    make me dwell in safety.

Also, I think you will like this chapter :) Ephesians 4

Blessings,

Stephen

• willyloman
    willyloman

The seven recognized steps of grief or grieving are:

Denial

Anger

Bargaining

Depression

Acceptance

Exiting the cult results in some grieving; you are going thru the steps, which is perfectly normal. You'll get to acceptance soon.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Haha yeah I feel ya man! It's tough being held down like a spring. Dont let them get to ya! Your smarter then that. I swear being DF was like the most F up thing they could have ever done. They don't realize how it ruins family! I love my family to death and it felt like they took it away! My big mouth I should have just stayed a quite but then I realized I wouldn't have been honest with myself. After being forced to leave it felt like, I waved my white flag... I said ok if you are all that perfect what do you have to hide... and here I am... I see now all the secrets and know longer feel held down. I learned from my mistakes and I am free from guilt. After walkin in 'humbleness' I realized they abused that... I walk now in peace.

You have to do the best for you and the ones you love. You sound like you have alot on your mind... Letting it out feels good... now what... find your passion and make that your goal! For right now you are going through the motions. Just think of when you doing things you don't want to do it's because you love your parents. I respect my parents and love them allot... I showed my respect by being obedant but once I was 18, I got a job and got an apartment, thought for myself... had a lil experience in the 'real world' as they call it and learned sorta the hard way... I didn't want to screw up but I wanted to prove I was smart and wise enough I could make my own choices in life.

I understand JW have good points... but gees they also have alot of missing peices. Life is filled with wonderful things. We need to use that wisedom they gave us. Not hide in a box.

• Farkel
    Farkel

:The seven recognized steps of grief or grieving are:

:Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, Acceptance

How many?

Farkel

• Chalam
    Chalam

How many?

LOL!

Someone else has the same dilema!

What are the five or seven steps of grief? I can't remember ...

All the best,

Stephen

• tryingtoexit
    tryingtoexit

Well at least I know I aint going crazy, sometimes I just get real angry for no reason, and it's not my personality. I'm a quiet guy who loves to listen to music, write poetry, play video games, spend time with love ones, smiles alot, but when I get inside a hall or hear some b/s from a witness I just get all evil, I start mean mugging and turning into a man I dont even recognize.

Witnesses turn me into the Incredible Hulk, lol, I'm a work in progress.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Easy there, big green fellow. A fader disappears. You don't have to do it totally quiet, but don't blow up at them or they will end the fade.

Blow up here on a thread like you did- that's fine. We have been there.

You will be okay, eventually.

• tryingtoexit
    tryingtoexit

OnTheWayOut- Thanks......I hope so, I watched a 2 hour program on the History Channel called Ancient Aliens, now that I'm approaching life with an open mind, that type of stuff peaks my interest. What are your views on aliens from ancient times up until now, space travel, etc??

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

OMG me and you both! I watched the same episode! I also watch gost hunters... lol it makes you think.. right?? lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit