Other Points From the Annual Meeting

by jabberwock 32 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

OTWO - Do you have it on good source that they are considering "counting time" for doing good works?

I am not connected to good sources of JW information at all. I comment freely from what I hear and read, but I make it plain and simple that I don't know more than others here. No. It's just speculation based on things we know like: (Ex. - shepherding. doesnt get done. why? cant count the time).

It is an obvious solution. Trick young brothers into "qualifying" and then take them into the inner sanctum and hope they will at least give some more talks in order to stay there. Responsibilities have already been reduced: CBS gone, 30-min. public talks strictly following the outline. If they are just willing to give a few talks at the Serv. Mtg. (Hell, maybe that can be reduced) then they will have more elders who actually thought they were "preaching" by doing good deeds and want to help.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

On point #1, they are getting more and more paranoid about apostates still in the congregation. Although the GB would like to demonize just us "critical thinkers", in reality if starts dubs looking at each other with suspicion. Even in the Discrap Crapvention drama, the prodigal dub was led astray by another baptised dub, not by some worldly people. More and more I see examples of dubs judging one another as "bad association" or "worldly". The "friends" can really start tearing one another apart.

Point #2...

He gave the example of a tree falling on a neighbors house. We can preach all we want, but the one showing true christian love would be the one with the chainsaw assisting the person.

Yeah right. Like you will ever see Losch "showing true christian love" like that? It's pure lip service, "do as I say, not as I do", political baby-kissing photo opportunities. Any dub helping such "satanic, worldy people to be destroyed soon" had better be witnessing/preaching/recruiting over the noise of the chainsaw in order to get their story in the local paper and re-enacted at the discrap crapvention.

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

How sad that they have to actually give an example to explain what "showing true christian love" means.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit