Why Can't We Accept The Jehovah's Witness Religion For Its Good & Bad?

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• wobble
    wobble

I was brought up to believe that JW's had "The Truth" . Now, you cannot really have 60% or 70% or 80% of the "Truth" or Outlaws very well illustrated analogy comes in, (see above) " a few kernels of corn in a bucket of sh*t. "

Or as Paul put it "for what fellowship do righteousness and lawlessness have ? Or what sharing does light have with darkness ? what harmony is there between Christ and Belial ?" 2 Cor 6 v14-15

I do not want to be in an organization founded on lies and run by liars. Christ rejects them too.

Love

Wobble

• minimus
    minimus

For me, that's what it's ONLY about. You either have The Truth or you don't. If the Truth turns out to be wrong, it never was The Truth!

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

It is a matter of training. The JWs are exposed to the following:

1. They were trained to identify and target “false religion” by its faults and falsehoods.

2. They were encouraged to go out and execute the assignment exposing “false religion”

3. They were encouraged to have tenacity and endurance when working against a “false religion”.

4. They were taught that there is no middle ground or tolerance of a “false religion”.

5. They were expected to use whatever tactics that were necessary to expose a “false religion”.

6. They were conditioned to show no mercy or have remorse to “false religion”.

7. They were informed that heavy resistance was to be expected from “false religion” and that it was a sign that they were succeeding.

8. They were required to remain isolated from what was bad especially “false religion”.

9. They were taught that ‘family was expendable’ in the battle against “false religion”.

The training was either not good enough or too good because the control broke down.

For whatever reason when they became an ex-JW there was no longer the restriction on what was to be evaluated or questioned. Commonly the WBT$ is examined both current and past writings, then the training kicks in. Often the above sequence is triggered with the following results.

1. The WBT$ is evaluated by the criteria they taught. (Target Acquired)

2. The motivation from betrayal and hypocrisy is strong.

3. The same traits that were encouraged are still there.

4. The taught concept is applied without bias restriction.

5. The tactics may change but the ingenuity is still there.

6. The conditioning is still there when #1 was triggered.

7. The information can become a dual-edged sword.

8. This can result in the resolve to never go back.

9. This teaching can be very painful and is usually modified to distinguish the family from the organization.

This could be pictured as a submarine that launches a torpedo. The torpedo is built to be controlled by thin wires from the sub. It is also programmed with several automated routines if the wire breaks or is cut by the launching sub. The routines are for search, identify, and attack if positive target identification is made. A submarine can be attacked by its own torpedo if it loses control or positions itself in the wrong area after control is lost.

Just my thoughts.

Goshawk

• minimus
    minimus

Gosh, that was good!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Most religions don't demand 100% from their members. People are free to come and go with no strings attached. There are no sanctions for not giving 100% or from leaving.

It goes far beyond just DFing and shunning.

This "religion" destroys lives. People die because of their blood policies. People die because they can't tolerate not living up to JW standards. People commit suicide because they see no other way out.

This "religion" destroys families making normal family relationships impossible by demanding and enforcing a paternalistic view of marriage and insisting on female submission even when it clearly makes no sense. It demands shunning even when DFed ones live in the same house.

This "religion" fails to acknowledge its mistaken teachings and practices. It insists they never make mistakes regarding their teachings of the last days, 1879,1914, 1919, 1925, 1931, 1975; its affiliation with the UN and its continued affiliation with NGOs around the world; its teachings about transplants causing many people to die, beliefs about black men turning white after Armageddon; . . . oh I could go on and on with this one.

It insists that their ways of handling abuse cases is effective allowing pedophiles to roam free within the cong. while the victims are shunned and forced out of the cong. Its mishandling of spousal abuse cases is just as bad. Its rules about sexual activity between marriage couple. . . . again you get the idea

Its rules about employment, celebrations, housing, clothing, what you read or watch, the clothes you wear, education. . . there isn't one aspect they leave unturned

When any group has this much control over a person's life and uses that control for its own benefit and ignores the real life problems people have -- well its no wonder those who have left are angry.

• minimus
    minimus

Whew! Lee, well put!

How any pro-jw poster could simply ignore all these things, is unbelievable!

• greenie
    greenie

I was going to say - from a never a Dub perspective - that it's how they chastise and curse every other religion that the JW religion cannot be accepted for their good and bad. I remember the first time I saw (not in JW lit) that false prophets would be condemned to hell, and that these false prophets included Jews, Hindus, etc. It's repulsive and I happen to think God is smarter than that.

I still feel that's a very big part of the problem I have with the religion. HOWEVER...in light of what a few others bring up, I would say that the blood doctrine, shunning, pedophile hiding, family destroying and the other matters that actually do harm to human life are the biggest reasons they can't be simply left alone to exercise their beliefs. Especially when these actions affect innocents like children ... and I'd even stretch it as far to say the bad doctrines affect trusting JWs. It's very irresponsible on the GBs behalf and morally reprehensible.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

min and OTWO...

You kids play pretty now...

That last part was just a joke. Really.
    I don't actually have a problem with Min's asking. I just like to rub him the wrong way. (No sexual inuendo intended.)

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Why Can't We Accept The Jehovah's Witness Religion For Its Good & Bad?

Fool me once. . .

• moshe
    moshe

If you ever decide that the JW belief system is just one of many that men have pieced together in an effort to "explain the unexplainable about God", then you can stop resenting them and accept them about as well as you do a, skunk. Their religious practices just plain stink- kinda like shit, as Outlaw said.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit