Why Can't We Accept The Jehovah's Witness Religion For Its Good & Bad?

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

The JW's are like the Taliban in suits...

• minimus
    minimus

There are JWs, our relatives, friends, ex friends, who truly believe WE are the ones that simply wanted to leave for selfish materialistic pursuits. They fail to realize that THEY are the ones forcing the issues. No dissent or disagreement is allowed. You cannot talk to anyone else about your feelings, questions or thoughts for fear that you'll be "marked".

• steve2
    steve2

Minimus, did you use to compose the titles to the articles in the Awake! magazine in the past? Some of your thread titles are a little bit on the irritatingly hackneyed side...which reminds me of the eye-poppingly simplistic titles of so many annoying Awake! articles

• undercover
    undercover

min and OTWO...

You kids play pretty now...

• Chalam
    Chalam

Farkel has always said it best...

Do away with the forced shunning of ex-members (and still believing DFd members ) and this religion would just be another run-of-the-mill Adventist religion. If people were allowed to come and go, there would be no cause for harboring resentment or hatred.

I disagree, the problem is with the JWs beliefs regarding Jesus. He is core to Christianity and salvation, hence the name "Christ". Christ is the Saviour the OT prophesied, not only for the Jews but the whole world.

For the WT, they sideline Jesus as saviour and promote themselves. They preach you need to follow them for salvation. True Christianity is not concerned with which organisation one is in. The only thing of concern is being "in Christ" which is mentioned over a 100 ties in the New Testament but JWs do not have a clue what that means or indeed have any Saviour.

The bottom line is no Saviour, no life, no light, no point.

All the best,

Stephen

• undercover
    undercover
    ...Some of your thread titles are a little bit on the irritatingly hackneyed side...which reminds me of the eye-poppingly simplistic titles of so many annoying Awake! articles

That's because he's trying to get the attention of people who are used to reading Awake! magazines...

• minimus
    minimus

Chalam, JC has little to do with the average JW. You're right. If you believe you're a "Christian", JWs are not a good religion to be in.

Steve, if you're so vexed maybe you should go run along now.

• steve2
    steve2
    Steve, if you're so vexed maybe you should go run along now.

Appreciate the recommendation, but I prefer to stay around. You do make lots of interesting points in your threads - it's just the titles I was commenting on and I can tolerate feeling negative from time to time.

• minimus
    minimus

Well, Steve, that I understand. BTW, I like your avatar. It prompted my comment.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I have no problem with the JW's I know, except that, even though I disagree with their religion, I respect their choice, the issue is they don't give me the same courtesy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit