Why Can't We Accept The Jehovah's Witness Religion For Its Good & Bad?

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I know many Catholics, Protestants and Jews who practice their religion and even if they don't believe or accept everything that is stated, they still are content to be members of their faith. Basically, many people don't accept their churches 100% but still happily remain.

EXJW's on the other hand view the Witness religion as totally horrible. We are not like other religions. We don't typically accept the religion with its good and bad points. Either we believed it's the "Truth" or we didn't. There was no middle ground. Why are we like that???

• undercover
    undercover

Farkel has always said it best...

Do away with the forced shunning of ex-members (and still believing DFd members ) and this religion would just be another run-of-the-mill Adventist religion. If people were allowed to come and go, there would be no cause for harboring resentment or hatred.

• minimus
    minimus

So, simply stop shunning those not JWs.....hmmm....

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

JW's are told what to think, how to behave, what information they MUST read and MUST avoid, how to feel about outsiders and former members.

The WTS is totally trying to force them to feel like they will be destroyed and lose everlasting life if they disobey or fail to go to meetings and put in recruiting hours.

The good in WTS is insignificant when those things are considered. It's also just mainly that the good is in the individuals and not at all in the organization.

Min, you are sometimes just as bad as a troll citing oddball questions just to fire us up. I hope this satisfies your need for attention through successful threads.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Agreed OTWO, the few good things that the org brings can be found in other relgions or even nonreligious groups. The bad surpasses the good by a longshot- notably the loss of identity.

• Gayle
    Gayle

The organization does not accept members unless the members accept 100%, they cannot express any different personal opinion even to best friends or family. The Watchtower organization only wants robots.

• undercover
    undercover
    So simply stop shunning those not JWs.....hmmm....

If you were a JW and said one day, "I'm gonna leave and join the Baptists" and no DAing/DFing announcements were made, no one ostracized you for leaving, your family didn't resent you, what reason would there be to hate them?

It's a cult and cults have to control their members, but the main tool they have is DFing/shunning. Take away that control and the cult status loses ground and they're just another wacky religion with some wacky people who follow it.

It really is the main issue that drives the hatred of ex-members. I wouldn't be here if ex-members or faders were labeled as "apostates" or "traitors"

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

d?.....Minimus

Why Can't We Accept The Jehovah's Witness Religion For Its Good & Ba

That`s like looking for a Few Kernels of Corn..

In a Bucket of

.............................OUTLAW

• minimus
    minimus

OTWO, I put these questions up, not to satisfy a need for attention, but to get people to think. You haven't changed a bit.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Why Can't We Accept The Jehovah's Witness Religion For Its Good & Bad?

Because they won't extend the same courtesy to us.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit