*Everyone Please Enter, I'm New Here*

by tryingtoexit 66 Replies latest jw friends

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Welcome tryingtoexit! I haven't read all the other posts here so I may be reiterating something that's already been said. Let's assume the witnesses are wrong about armageddon. What will happen to you when you die? (a) there's a kind God that will recognize the quality of your heart and let you into heaven; (b) there's a petty God who only allows specific types of people into heaven and you have no hope of meeting his exact requirements or (c) there is no God and you either reincarnate or simply cease to exist.

Now let's examine what would happen if the witnesses are right and their God brings about armageddon. (a) you are killed and simply cease to exist or (b) you live up to JW criteria but then must spend an eternity living up to the exacting requirements of a petty God.

In other words, the only bad possibility is if there is a petty, tyranical God which is who the witnesses serve. If you want to spend an eternity like this, you're welcome to torment yourself by living the JW lifestyle. But there's no reason to fear armageddon. What's so scary about "falling asleep in death?"

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi TTE,

Thanks for the thanks! :) I'm just glad to help.

I read the thread again. I found this is so poignant

They say "EXERCISING faith in Christ's ransom" is doing alot for the WTS, that pisses me off, so bad that I get up 4 or 5 times a meeting to get some air, cause I feel like I'm gonna puke

I think it is just as well I never got to go to the kingdom hall. I would have probably grabbed the mic and got myself killed like my namesake Acts 7

Anyhow, even though you are riding the rapids right now, at least you are paddling hard to get out of the smooth flowing water that is the serenity of being a JW. The truth is, the current is strong and the going is hard. Those around seem unconcerned of the warning signs they have seen along the way and ignored such as "waterfall ahead", "exit via the safety path". You might be able to help them, or you may not but for sure, you need to follow the signs and heed the warnings for yourself. There will be no helping them staying around and as you go over the waterfall saying "I told you so".

I feel this, you need to not write off your wife yet. I understand your situation, sure it seems like she is inseparable from the WT right now but rest assured, that situation can flip around so quick you won't quite believe it! I was faced with a similar situation about three years ago. I had been reading my bible for a while but when I started going to church my wife really started flipping out. She gave me plenty of grief and some ultimatums like "its me or Jesus" and such. I had already decided change was long overdue and there was no turning back. However, I kept some verses from this passage in my heart.

1 Corinthians 7
    Marriage

10 To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband. 11 But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife.

12 To the rest I say this (I, not the Lord): If any brother has a wife who is not a believer and she is willing to live with him, he must not divorce her. 13 And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him. 14 For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.

15 But if the unbeliever leaves, let him do so. A believing man or woman is not bound in such circumstances; God has called us to live in peace. 16 How do you know, wife, whether you will save your husband? Or, how do you know, husband, whether you will save your wife?

Do not leave her. If she leaves you then OK, you are not bound by marriage.

17 Nevertheless, each one should retain the place in life that the Lord assigned to him and to which God has called him. This is the rule I lay down in all the churches. 18 Was a man already circumcised when he was called? He should not become uncircumcised. Was a man uncircumcised when he was called? He should not be circumcised. 19 Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing. Keeping God's commands is what counts. 20 Each one should remain in the situation which he was in when God called him. 21 Were you a slave when you were called? Don't let it trouble you—although if you can gain your freedom, do so. 22 For he who was a slave when he was called by the Lord is the Lord's freedman; similarly, he who was a free man when he was called is Christ's slave. 23 You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of men. 24 Brothers, each man, as responsible to God, should remain in the situation God called him to.

Same message again. That likely does not mean God wants you sit in the kingdom hall, least you puke up all over the place!

However, I feel that you should neither flee like Jonah from the place and people God has called you to Jonah 1

You are going feel like you are dead for three days but you are going to be liberated like you never thought you could be soon.

This also stuck out for me.

Also yeah I'm not sure where I wanna head next far as faith goes, but I am curious to know what a real christian is, the more I see that JW's are NOT chrisitans the more I wanna learn you know?

I would persure that. You have pretty much already worked out what Christianity isn't. I want to say again what I have found it is about Ephesians 2 Galatians 6:14

The warning signs are good, 607, 1914, 1975 etc. but I do not think most of them point the way or the appropriate action to avoid the waterfall, they just warn.

Some argue there is no clear path around the waterfall. Other say there are many paths. That is for us all to find out. For sure, there are those that make it to the bank and are lying there, half dead through exhaustion. Others get caught in the strong undercurrents of the stream and are dragged helplessly back into the flow. There is one reaching out to you, calling your name who will make it easy to get to the bank. He will show the path through the jungle that takes you straight around the waterfall. I cannot help you like He can, I am "just the voice calling in the desert" Isaiah 40:3 John 1:27 Mark 1

Blessings :) Keep in touch.

Stephen

• juci32
    juci32

What's so scary about "falling asleep in death?"

I always wondered about that too. What is so terrible about being non-existent? You won't be conscience of anything so what is the big deal?

• juci32
    juci32

Good advice Chalam!

I know that this is not my topic but I am a non-witness married to a devout witness. (I will post my story when i get some time) . After I finished my study with them a few weeks ago I was scarred for life that my husband and I was not gonna make it, but after all the arguments about the Bible and his beliefs, non-beliefs, their twisting of scripts etc... I was sooo prepared to pack his or my things and leave. But I honestly think we are gonna make it. We are truly in love and he knows that if I'm gone his world will be gloomy(even if I'm not a Witness):-)

Try to make it work with her. Are you guys still in love? Are there children involved? I guess all those things should be taken in consideration as well.... I wish you well . Boy I am so glad that I ran across these sites before I got myself into that. Thanks all!

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

The origins of the WTS are clearly "ridiculous" yet Witnesses are always examining the "origin" of something, birthdays, holidays, everything and finding a way to say we shouldnt do it

This reasoning just blows me away...I have never, ever, EVER considered this but it is so profound and true. While some may consider me a newbie, I have been out of the jw's for a very long time. I am agnostic at this point, but I do love this scripture:

5 One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God.

New International Version (NIV) (Romans 14: 5,6) Quit judging, folks! That's the goal.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Welcome to the forum, juci

• Chalam
    Chalam

Yes welcome juci32!

Thanks for your post. It reminded me also that I felt the underlying love of TTE for his wife in his words, hence my mentioning the matter, not following the bible in a legalistic sense 2 Corinthians 3:6

In regards to this

I always wondered about that too. What is so terrible about being non-existent? You won't be conscience of anything so what is the big deal?

What makes you sure that it isn't another WT lie?

This is the scripture they lean the whole doctrine on (and ignore or twist huge chunks of other scripture)

Ecclesiastes 9:5

5 For the living know that they will die,
    but the dead know nothing;
    they have no further reward,
    and even the memory of them is forgotten.

Now, check out the verse next verse, this expression runs right through the whole book of Ecclesiastes 6 Their love, their hate
    and their jealousy have long since vanished;
    never again will they have a part
    in anything that happens under the sun.

Are the dead simply "conscious of nothing" or actually "conscious of nothing...under the sun" Next time you study with the JWs, ask them this. Are the "cloud of witnesses" conscious or unconscious? See this chapter for example of those in the "cloud" Hebrews 10 Hebrews 11 1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses If they say they are all dead and conscious of nothing then ask them about Enoch who is one of the witnesses Hebrews 11:5 5 By faith Enoch was taken from this life, so that he did not experience death; he could not be found, because God had taken him away. For before he was taken, he was commended as one who pleased God. You need to be very careful who you "study" with or you will end up conscious of nothing, thousand of stories here testifying to that. If you want to study the bible, they do so without their aide, there is only one you need John 14:26 Plenty of decent bibles over here BibleGateway The NWT is highly suspect (i.e. faulty/tampered with) and plain difficult to understand in any sense, the words themselves or the spiritual meaning behind the words. All the best, Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit